Narrow passages!

neiljitsu

Reaction score
Good afternoon chaps,

I'm in the process of buying a tc gsa, but I'm a bit concerned about the width of my side entrance.
I was able to fit my 16 africa twin down it, but it did end up with a couple of scuffs on the handguards.
So, my question is how narrow is to narrow?

Keep it clean😉

The bars are wider than the engine guards so just compare the bar width - FYI I think a LC is widest at the engine bars certainly wider than a hexhead at that point by c 90mm

On the GSA I have always taken that the mirrors are the widest point. Bit like cats whiskers, if the mirrors go through everything else will.

Except when filtering, transit van mirrors and GSA mirrors are basically the same height.

:blast

Thanks chaps, it 95cm at norrowest point with a drain pipe that makes it 93cm but I reckon I could waggle around it.

Don't forget, you can adjust the angle of the mirror arm to suit, might buy you an inch...and you know how important that extra inch is :D

Thanks chaps, it 95cm at norrowest point with a drain pipe that makes it 93cm but I reckon I could waggle around it.

My garage door is 95cm at it's narrowest point. This is narrower than the GSA so it requires half lock, clear the handguards, spotlight and engine guard then half lock the other way all the time reversing slowly and trying not to hit the lawn mower or the other bike. It is a fiddle but I am used to the process now, haven't had too many problems. I see it as an anti-theft device, I don't think anybody could get it out of the garage even with the keys :)

At my last house the Diversion 900 could get through the side entry but the GSA could not. The issue was cylinder heads hitting the doorways.

Last question, how wide is it at the cylinder heads with the bars on? Thanks for the replies. 👍

Don't fit the bars just get some low cost plastic head protectors. Most bars are stress raisers on the engine cases or even the cylinder head itself risking VERY expensive damage to the engine. The protective head covers or even replacement rocker covers are cheap by comparison. Just avoid anything too solid as it will break the M6 threaded lugs on the head itself.

Twin cam type
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-R120...943551?hash=item2accffd07f:g:GL4AAOSw95lc7Tsg

Single cam type
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cylinder...570187?hash=item48c3cbf9cb:g:MxEAAOSwLGlcdPpN

Thanks lads, I went regular gs instead of adventure in the end

Sent from my COR-L29 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom