f650gs auxiliary lights

wpm

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi Guys I have wired a set of Auxiliary driving lights into the power plug wiring next to the ignition on my wife's 650 twin.
If I leave the lights switched off the power cuts after a minute of the ignition being turned off so they cant be turned on.
If I leave them on and switch the ignition off the lights stay on continuously and the power to them obviously doesn't cut out.

Anyone know why the power stays on if the lights are witched on and the ignition is switched off?

I just spurred the live wire from the loom that is powering the auxiliary socket.

It's something to do with canbus system continuing to power the circuit if there is enough drawer on it. I wired my circuit with a relay.

So the main power comes direct from the battery (via a fuse) and the 'signal' wire for the relay comes from the live feed on the factory aux circuit. Then I have a switch inline to turn the fog lights on and off.

I actually have a couple of fuses after the relay to allow for multiple circuits so I also have some extra USB ports and a socket for my Compressor.

Sent from my JSN-L21 using Tapatalk

Thanks Buddy,
I have a switch but this Canbus system is the devils work.

Although I understand the basics of Canbus system I find it much easier to run a separate power system and turn it on with the relay. That way the canbus only controls switching the entire circuit on and off.

Sent from my JSN-L21 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom