Slipscreen anyone?

NicD

Reaction score
Anyone bought a screen from Slipscreen? In particular would be interested in experience of their 9" sports screen for the hexhead. Thanks

I've had half a dozen from them over the years, they're well made and the fit was always spot on. Had various screens for GS/GSA/ST1300.

I have recently bought and fitted a Tinted GSA screen for my GS from Slipscreens. Great service. Very happy with the quality.

thanks, good to know

has anyone fitted the 9"? would be good to know how much/little protection it gives

I very nearly bought a tinted screen off them the other day but then noticed that they go straight up whereas mine kicks up at the top and was concerned that this would lead to more buffeting at speed. If anyone could shed any opinions on this i would be grateful as they do look good value for money.

I dunno guys. I bought this one https://www.slipscreens.co.uk/bmw-r1200gs-gsa-lc-440mm-touring-screen-6774/
The screen is light tint and it looks great on my white GS.
normal_IMG-20190519-WA0001.jpg

(pic near the Lecht in Scotland last Sunday morning)
Putting a ADV screen on a "normal" GS is about 4.4cm higher and quite a bit wider. It has given what I need (I am 6'1")... went up the M6 to Scotland last Friday, if i lean forwards ever so slightly I am in completely still air, so I can hear the engine. I get hardly any bugs on the helmet visor. A bigger screen (for me) does not work, as I feel i am sitting in the bike rather than on the bike (makes me less confident cornering). One interesting thing, the back of my neck got damp when it rained! Otherwise great weather protection. In the pic above, the screen is about 50% of the adjustment - it does go higher.
Quality was spot-on. I have cleaned it (not too carefully) a couple of times, and it's showing no signs of damage.
The plastic was a bit heavier than standard BMW (screen seems slightly thicker), and I installed a Cymarc kit to stop any vibrations.
Very pleased. Good service, prompt delivery. Great prices. British. What's not to like?

Back
Top Bottom