Pub / bnb around Chester ish?

Posh Pete

Still got a pulse.
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Daughter and partner headed for a wedding in Porthcawl from Embra. She's looking to make a wee jaunt of it rather than a motorway drone. So ...is there a decent pub with rooms or bnb near a good pub somewhere en route? I was thinking around Chester but maybe not in the city itself?

I/we stayed in a pub near the zoo next to the canal the name of which escapes me now (age thing) The food was good and room too It shouldn't be too hard to find or ask Vern?

:beerjug:

City compact no need to worry there.

Suggestion:

Stop in Premier Inn city centre.

By the canal with a great eating/chilling pub. Harkers Arms. Good modern restaurant, Artichoke, plus Thai and Teppanyaki and several decent curry houses. All on or very near City Road within 100 yards or so.

Limited hotel car parking so book it otherwise use the train station parking nearby.

Highly recommend the Boathouse ... great location, amazing cafe next door for breakfast ( The moorings ), parking and nice walk through park to the city centre ( 5 mins).

And Wapping, its a fantastic City with an amazing cathedral.

Last edited:
Can’t remember the name (Holiday Inn?) but the hotel at the racecourse entrance is good. Restaurant and bar and free parking with barrier entrance. Minutes from city centre too.

Chester not a city?
There are a few cities outside of London I hear.

Can’t remember the name (Holiday Inn?) but the hotel at the racecourse entrance is good. Restaurant and bar and free parking with barrier entrance. Minutes from city centre too.

Chester not a city?
There are a few cities outside of London I hear.

Yep, Holiday Inn Express, quite cheap if no racing on.
Tell Barrier chap your staying at Hotel or there is a charge.
5 min walk to City Centre.

Just had breakfast at The Cheshire Cat with Rooms which is just out of town and near Bill Smiths Honda.

It's really nice and just alongside a canal.

Probably a taxi ride into the city though or a bus.

Back
Top Bottom