Givi tanklock system

NicD

Reaction score
Having not had a tank bag for many years, I have decided to get one. Givi system seems pretty good in theory. However, on fitting the fuel cap adaptor there are two issues - the fuel cap latch is not held tight to the Givi tank ring where the latch locates, so the fuel cap moves up and down; compounding this problem there is a gap around the fuel cap of at least 1mm (whereas there is no gap with the OEM ring), meaning that water can get in when the tank bag is not in place, and with the fuel cap moving up and down I suspect at least some water will make it into the fuel tank. Have others used this system and/or had similar issues? Or am I concerned about nothing? Any help appreciated

I’m confused as the ring should just sit on top of plastic flange and hold that on to the original fuel cap so how is there now a gap around the original fuel cap. .

Somethings not right here, post some pictures up please NicD, it's either fitted incorrectly, or it's the wrong ring ....oooeeer :)

I've got one on my Turban mate, a BF22, and it was on my R Nine T before that, and before that my GSA Hexhead. Somethings not right, hence asking for a picture. Is the rear hinge section fitted correctly and screwed down tight using the supplied screws and hinge bar?

This is what should be in the kit.

givi-bf22-tanklock.jpg

d-90722.jpg

I returned the ring and bag in the end. May have been a damaged ring. Not a fan of that. When fitted the filler cap could move slightly in the Givi ring. Ring firm for bag attachment, but that issue coupled with the size of the ring led me to buy a second hand BMW bag instead. Was probably just the part I had - maybe the rest of them are fine

Back
Top Bottom