Enduro Guard v Rallye

ymfb

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Has anyone worn both these suits, if so what did you find were the pros and cons.

I have an Enduro Guard, which is heavy, Whilst in a dealers last week I tried on a Rallye jacket and my impression was it was lighter and had a lot more vents.

This last week, whilst in the Northern Climes of East and North Yorkshire I’ve worn a Furygan two piece leather suit and been too hot even at 18 deg.

Would be pleased to hear useful feedback or abuse if that’s more appropriate.

Cheers

Ive never had the enduroguard kit, but I have the new version of the Rallye suit, its much lighter and very comfortable, but you are sacrificing some protection to get the light weight. With all the vents open and the fact it has 20% wool mix, means it vents through the material as well.

Obviously the main difference is the weather proofing, the Rallye has a waterproof liner, in the trousers and a waterproof jacket that be worn in or outside the jacket.

I have a Rukka down liner for the jacket and trousers that i wear when its cold (worn this combo in 2 degrees and it was plenty warm enough). I also have a bmw cool down vest for when it gets very hot (have not tried it yet). I also bought some BMW rainlock over trousers for if I’m out in the heat (without the waterproof liner fitted so i can stop and put them on, on the side of the road).

Again I have the Rallye 3 suit and have not worn the EnduroGuard suit but with the waterproof liners removed and vents open it was fine in 30'c in the Picos last year.
The important thing to remember is that you do need airflow so there is no point sitting behind a raised GSA screen and moaning that your suit is not venting well. You need the wind through it. I put the sports screen back on my GS Rallye for that trip and it was great. My suit is light grey so I suspect that helps to in the heat too (as oppose to black).

Neil

Thanks guys, I was thinking about putting the standard screen back on for trip to Europe later in the year as it’s a problem on the train, but I might just do that this weekend.

It’s riding in warmer conditions that I’m concerned with, but I’m going to ride with the Enduroguard suit with the vents opened before I buy the Rallye.

I have both jackets and much prefer the Enduroguard.
It is heavier, but is well vented, comfortable, and feels very protective.
I've worn it on to Spain trips and it was great.

The Rallye is good, but is cold and heavy when it rains, takes a long time to dry and doesn't have the secure feel of the Enduroguard.

I’ve had both, including most versions of the Rallye suit. Enduroguard is my favourite by a country mile.

It’s cool or warm when you need it, it doesn’t soak up water or leak, it fits me really well. Does take some breaking in though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I initially bought the EnduroGuard suit. Toured Europe 2 years ago from 20° to 35°c and thunderstorms. Suit gives a lot of confidence, no leaks etc. However, even with all the venting and the jacket semi open with vents it was still very hot. My friends riding with me were much worst though with other branded suits - dripping wet!,, Last year I bought the latest Rallye jacket in Black/ Red and toured with that, over jacket and EnduroGuard trousers. This worked very well as when an occasional thunderstorm appeared it was 2 mins ago put on the Rallye overjacket. Trousers were again hot, but had wicking base layers - Still pondering whether the Rallye trousers are worth buying for these hotter, Albeit occasional Thunderstorm trips. Not sure whether they would make a difference - Thoughts?

enduroguard is brilliant, can open the zip in very warm weather. Worn it in 40 degree heat in croatia and was great. Rallye is also great (just dont let it get wet).

I would rather buy a vented suit and waterproofs rather than the rallye.

I’ve had both, including most versions of the Rallye suit. Enduroguard is my favourite by a country mile.

It’s cool or warm when you need it, it doesn’t soak up water or leak, it fits me really well.

I’ve the same preference but my Enduroguard trousers leaked at the crotch and the jacket at the shoulder.

I posted above about how I prefer the Enduroguard,
But since then the jacket has leaked on both arms and I am now on my 4th, hoping that it will keep me dry.
Meanwhile, my Rallye jackets with Goretex have never let me down.

I posted above about how I prefer the Enduroguard,
But since then the jacket has leaked on both arms and I am now on my 4th, hoping that it will keep me dry.
Meanwhile, my Rallye jackets with Goretex have never let me down.

This seems to be a recurring theme with the Enduroguard. Klim Baldlands is a superior (IMHO) version/execution of the same concept.

With regard to removable liners (Rallye) or laminated (Klim/Enduroguard) it's a simple question of usage. On a trip where it's more likely to be cold and wet more of the time, laminated is best. On a trip where it's more likely to be warm and dry more of the time Rallye is best, especially on a properly long trip where you might want to get your suit washed. Just throw the waterproof liners away and get a decent rain suit.

A laminated suit gets really smelly after three months of all day, every day use but would you trust it to a hotel laundry?

Back
Top Bottom