Panniers

Delboy777

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Call me thick if you like but are the 1200 hexhead and 1250 LC boxes interchangeable ? i know the exhaust is on opposite side but is it not just a case of swapping them round ? Let the Piss taking begin.:blast:augie

Er.... I really, really doubt it. I'd go as far as saying NO.

The LC boxes (I have a pair) are slimmer at the front, as the frame rails taper together towards the tail. On the RH side, the exhaust cut out rises towards the rear.

As for thick, I couldn't possibly comment...

Er.... I really, really doubt it. I'd go as far as saying NO.

The LC boxes (I have a pair) are slimmer at the front, as the frame rails taper together towards the tail. On the RH side, the exhaust cut out rises towards the rear.

As for thick, I couldn't possibly comment...
Yup i think your secret suspicion is more than probably correct lol. Are the LC ones interchangeable between 1200 and 1250 i wonder or are they different too ?

I understand your (failed) logic Delboy by flipping the panniers around they are effectively opposite however the cunning conundrum is that even if the box fittings were similar, when flipped, the locks (which attach them to the frames) would be at the back of the bike and not facing forward to lock around the frame if you get my drift.
Not thick just confused :p

I understand your (failed) logic Delboy by flipping the panniers around they are effectively opposite however the cunning conundrum is that even if the box fittings were similar, when flipped, the locks (which attach them to the frames) would be at the back of the bike and not facing forward to lock around the frame if you get my drift.
Not thick just confused :p

Definately at an age where im easily confused thats for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Must have been a long day Delboy, but answer is a 100% no

Yes it has been, arrived in Morcambe to catch ferry tomorrow at Heysham for the TT. Pissed it down all the way from Elgin to Lancaster, almost water running out of my arse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom