Usb wiring r1200gslc

Rock10

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Question, would it be OK to wire a USB port from the positive and negitive battery terminals.

Yup. Works perfect. Battery is 12v. Usb port should have the required voltage step down converter. As you would know USB is 5v.

Though with a DIN plug next to the dash, one of the optimate dual USB plugs do the trick better.
2a111518746022632fbac8031be967ed.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

+1 on the Optimate adapter. I use one to charge my phone in a bar bag and also charge my Gopro with the other outlet.

Question, would it be OK to wire a USB port from the positive and negitive battery terminals.

This does not cause any conflict with CAN-bus. But keep in mind than any such adapter always draw a bit of current as long as it stays connected, even if not used by a USB device. Unless you drive daily, this will eventually drain your battery.

Going the route as described by previous posts will be a better solution.
If you insists on a permanent connection, make sure to connect it via a relay that will switch it of when not driving the bike.

If you intend to charge phone/helmet at a coffee brake, I would suggest to pick up a rechargeable battery-bank.

Back
Top Bottom