How many people have put 17 inch wheels on their LC?

Reggie353

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just wondering how many have converted.

Here’s mine last week.
84d79688428211e136a7e988fd38ddf7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

looks brilliant ,i bet it handles much better,but dont eat the foxes biscuits ,you will put weight on and the bike will be back to its old self

Hallo Reggie
I forgot do you have the regular or the 20 mm taller "Sports"/GS-ADV suspension ?
Do your pegs scrape early do to the 17 inch wheel decreasing ground clearance ?
Does the bike steer noticeable quicker ?
Any issues with high speed stability running 120 mph + with bags ?
I myself look at the 17 inch OZ wheel / 320 mm rotor conversion kit from www.alphatechnik.de

I still love it after 12 months and 4000 miles. Heading to france again in July and can’t think off anything I would rather have.

Biscuits were for the NW200 to go with a cup of tea!!!

Hallo Reggie
I forgot do you have the regular or the 20 mm taller "Sports"/GS-ADV suspension ?
Do your pegs scrape early do to the 17 inch wheel decreasing ground clearance ?
Does the bike steer noticeable quicker ?
Any issues with high speed stability running 120 mph + with bags ?
I myself look at the 17 inch OZ wheel / 320 mm rotor conversion kit from www.alphatechnik.de

Oh look....
It’s half term and the kids are back.

depends on how many biscuits you want.

They come off an R1200RS. Come as a kit for Rennkuh in Germany.

Reggie thank you for your answers...that makes a forum interesting...:D
According to Arsey nobody is interested in putting 17 inch wheels on the GS anyways...;)

17” wheels should make an noticible difference to turn-in. And also allow the use of pure sports rubber.

Whether those improvements are actually worthwhile on a GS??????

Reggie thank you for your answers...that makes a forum interesting...:D
According to Arsey nobody is interested in putting 17 inch wheels on the GS anyways...;)

Ok. I was wrong , forgive me . There’s you AND Reggie.

I bet BMW designers are burning the midnight oil to get such a bike out to be ready in time for a November launch at the EICMA show in Milan !!!!

Orders will flock in .

Reggie , how do you even out the offset of the donor rear wheel , or would you need to fit the rs swingarm as well .
I know some may say it does not matter but for me the fact offset was there would put me off , unless the above can be rectified .
Still worry about the clearance tho , but the visual effect works for me , credit to you , nice looking bike .

I have fitted a set of after market 17” wire wheels, made the bike lower so easier to manoeuvre, and has made it very quick on the handling. I have had no abs problems and have had the bike into the dealer to have the tyre pressure senders matched to the bikes memory.

Reggie , how do you even out the offset of the donor rear wheel , or would you need to fit the rs swingarm as well .
I know some may say it does not matter but for me the fact offset was there would put me off , unless the above can be rectified .
Still worry about the clearance tho , but the visual effect works for me , credit to you , nice looking bike .

I didn’t. I don’t think I go fast enough for it to bother me. Certainly don’t notice it. Also wanted to keep it fairly standard so I can revert back to original for when I buy a 1250.

i fitted the RS Swingarm after i let a mate ride my bike...i didn't tell him what id done to it, ie. 17" wheels etc...he loved it but said it liked left handers more than right, he confirmed my thoughts, also its very noticeable following from behind. if anybody wants one i have one for sale, Black VGC £200 INC POST

Back
Top Bottom