To VFR, or not...

For the prices we're seeing, why not buy a reasonable one and give it a go?

If you're not convinced you will probably get all your money back.

Sometimes it's great just to ride a different bike for a while, so why not just go for it?

I have had a both a 750 and 800i. I preferred the 800 as I liked the riding position better.

However I have also owned two Honda CBR 600f ,a carb model 2000 model and later injection 06 plate.
Both brilliant all round bikes. I bought the 2000 model to tour Europe and it was fantastic,comfy and easy to handle. Brakes are very good too.

Finding the right bike and space in the garage is the problem!

I know its slightly different in weight but Ive just bought a VFR1200 FD DCT, a fabulous piece of kit, outstanding Honda build quality, very light compared to my Pan and K16 and a very quick bike in all the right places, the small tank ( 200 mile range over 1500 miles) is the only negative but when you get older you need to stop anyway...…try a VFR ..there is life along side BMW's.....

Shinyface

I know its slightly different in weight but Ive just bought a VFR1200 FD DCT, a fabulous piece of kit, outstanding Honda build quality, very light compared to my Pan and K16 and a very quick bike in all the right places, the small tank ( 200 mile range over 1500 miles) is the only negative but when you get older you need to stop anyway...…try a VFR ..there is life along side BMW's.....

Shinyface

What he said... I’ve also purchased a DCT vfr1200f. Absolutely great. Tank range is ok as it’s still bigger than my bladder and need to stop regularly. 190 miles to a tank is possible and has been done by me. The press slaughtered it. Shame really as I think it’s great. I tried the K1300r as well. Preferred the VFR. It goes bloody quick too. Worth checking out.

My wife loved my vfr and the TriumphSprint, she has to make do on a 70yrs old tractor these days........ .but lessentially of me :rob
20160823_143322.jpg

FiY was 2000 model year. 2001 and the last of the pre V-Tec bikes was the Fi1.

The 2000 on had HISS immobiliser and "HECS" label on the side panels, which was a reduction in emissions, alongside some changes to the exhaust system.

I've had a few of the 800fi but for me the late VFR750 is the nicer bike. I never ever took to the look and dash layout on the 800fi. That said, the 800fi is a reliable and durable bike (except for the collector box that is).

Back
Top Bottom