Problems with Sena

wispyone

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Ok so I have been using a Sena SC10u for a while now, mainly for sat nav directions and playing music which is stored on the sat nav. Today however was the first time I have paired it with a mate who has a Sena 20.
Comms were fine for a few 100 yds and Crystal clear, the problem was I couldn't play music. He on the other hand was paired to his mobile and had music as well as comms. If I tried to play music it cut the connection between both sets.
Also, as I had the sat nav on with speed camera alerts, when it gave an audible warning this cut the connection between us for a few seconds.
Is there a way with the 10u to have comms, music and nav or am I asking too much?

Cheers

Richard

Cheers Blackal, I have that PDF and had another look through. I believe I'm connected correctly so unsure why I had no music. I'm out with my mate again soon so more playing around needed I think.

Is it able to connect to computer to do a firmware update? That might be all it needs - even without a new update.

Ok so I have been using a Sena SC10u for a while now, mainly for sat nav directions and playing music which is stored on the sat nav. Today however was the first time I have paired it with a mate who has a Sena 20.
Comms were fine for a few 100 yds and Crystal clear, the problem was I couldn't play music. He on the other hand was paired to his mobile and had music as well as comms. If I tried to play music it cut the connection between both sets.
Also, as I had the sat nav on with speed camera alerts, when it gave an audible warning this cut the connection between us for a few seconds.
Is there a way with the 10u to have comms, music and nav or am I asking too much?

Cheers

Richard
Sounds like you don’t have the latest firmware installed. The latest version brings multitasking to the 10u. I updated mine a few months ago and can now hear music playing in the background when using the intercom to talk to another rider.

Cheers chaps, I'll plug it in to the computer and see if there is an upgrade :thumb2

I spoke to someone today who said it can be a bit hit and miss with sena, especially if using 3rd party connections such as BMW TFT screens and mobile phones.

Plugged it into computer and downloaded latest firmware, it then said reset to factory settings before reconnecting through bluetooth . All now done so fingers crossed its sorted, probably be a week or so before I'm back out with my mate to check its sorted though.

I've got the 10U on my neotec II having given the 20s to my mate due to the internal visor button getting in the way of the 20s.
Biggest mistake I made.

I've tried constant factory re-sets, updates ,etc.
I was in a group of 4 other 20s they all work together flawlessly. I can hear them all, none of them can hear me.
Or sporadic.
Its shit with radio stations 2 mins then lose signal.
The only thing it does is play music from the phone, or sometimes answers a phone call that I dont really use
I tried sena online and keep having to wait a couple of days for replies then the we are not responsible ! where when did you buy it? have you got the receipt Blah blah all dragging it out , and im back to work
The biggest piece of junk going.
Now they have brought out the mesh kit ,will this work hmmmmm

I very nearly brought the Sena 10U, luckly I checked out the reviews and found a lot complaining of a battery problem, short life, (a year in some cases) not able to replace the battery, and Sena dosent want to know, just sell you a new one.

Chose Midland BT next Pro, least you can replace the battery :thumb

I think that I'm correct in saying that one of the features of the 20s (and the 30s) is that they are able to 'listen' to two channels at the same time, ie they can maintain an intercom conversation and listen to sat nav instruction or music without either of them interrupting the intercom. The various volumes can be adjusted somewhere in settings.

I have the 20s Evo which can continue an intercom conversation whilst also allowing me to hear the sat nav announcements at a reduced volume.

When I had a SMH10 this was not the case and it was a real annoyance that conversations were constantly interrupted by sat nav announcements. Consequently I tended to use it with the sound muted

The later issue on that unit maybe the gps is on the priority channel so interrupts any other feed. My Sena erratically drops the gps if I have the radio on

My 20s has performed faultlessly for the past 4 yrs , battery life is excellent, but I was disappointed that the bike to bike range wasn’t any better than my previous SMH10 . I don’t use it for Nav , just music and phone calls & mostly chatting with my mate . The radio is definitely very hit & miss , pretty useless really, and I have also heard of lots of issues with the 10U though. Otherwise the Sena is generally a very good bit of kit.

Back
Top Bottom