Oil Warning Indicator

Deleted account 221212001

Reaction score
Can anyone advise on this really basic query.....on the TFT screen should the colour of the marker next to the oil symbol be white as it is, or green? I would have thought green but although I've topped it up to the correct level and taken the bike out for a 30 minute spin to get it up to temperature it didn't change colour. I'm wondering whether there's a fault. Any advice greatly appreciated, ta, Steve

Can anyone advise on this really basic query.....on the TFT screen should the colour of the marker next to the oil symbol be white as it is, or green? I would have thought green but although I've topped it up to the correct level and taken the bike out for a 30 minute spin to get it up to temperature it didn't change colour. I'm wondering whether there's a fault. Any advice greatly appreciated, ta, Steve

Riders manual page 47.

Edit:

I now notice it may be a 1200?
I that case, it may not be page 47. Anyway, look up the page about TFT handling 'My vehicle'. Then follow the picture and you will find the correct page reference for your bike..

Hi, I’ve found it in the handbook on page 40. Maybe I’m being very stupid, it wouldn’t be the first time! Engine at operating temperature, side stand retracted, bike standing upright.....yes to all those.

Engine idling for at least ten seconds, so you can’t check it when your riding it?

Hi, I’ve found it in the handbook on page 40. Maybe I’m being very stupid, it wouldn’t be the first time! Engine at operating temperature, side stand retracted, bike standing upright.....yes to all those.

Engine idling for at least ten seconds, so you can’t check it when your riding it?

Frankly, I have never tough of it, whether it stays OK! after the conditions have been meat after a standstill.

I never bother to check this since the bike will flag a warning as soon as it is not OK. Still, it's nice to know the conditions needed for the engine to be able to make a reliable reading.

....white is being checked, green is checked, good red is stop. Exactly the same as all the other symbols in the TFT image ,inc tyre pressure, and fuel. Mine is similar. It occasionally shows green , but mainly it’s white. To be honest unless it shows red just enjoy the ride . If your on a different screen while riding, and the oil dips below the correct amount it will flash a red warning on that screen

What oil did you use ?
The sensors linked to the TFT pick up are calibrated to work within a small viscosity tolerance so it’s possible it might not show correctly if the viscosity is just outside the set tolerance

What oil did you use ?
The sensors linked to the TFT pick up are calibrated to work within a small viscosity tolerance so it’s possible it might not show correctly if the viscosity is just outside the set tolerance

I'm not sure what it is but it's what my local BMW dealer sell so its the right oil. As DC has said above it appears its normal, I just figured it would show green for ok all the time, live and learn and my panic is now over.

Back
Top Bottom