Sena +Mesh

Roadrash Rider

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just had a week away in Belgium and France, six of us had sena comms, 2SRL’s 1 20s 120s evo a 10u and an old smr10.

20s and SRL’s connected great, dead easy so 4 of us could have a nice bit of banter, the 10u which also is quite new could not connect as it’s limited to a maximum link of 4. Also the more headsets connected the quality of comms got worse. Any of the headsets would connect as a pair so the 10u or the smr10 would connect but over 3 connections (or out of range) and they would be the one to drop off.

Emailed Sena when I got back to ask about the limits of the 10u and how poor signal was when we got 4+ headsets connected, don’t get me wrong it’s good tech and certainly usable but, couldn’t help thinking should be a bit better than this. Riding normally in the uk with 2 or 3 of us it’s great kit.

So they send me this link, I think the best way to describe it is the Bluetooth equivalent of a PMR radio setup? No prices yet or UK availability.

Something else to buy, charge and complain about but for some it might just what they have been waiting for?

https://www.sena.com/community/blog/mesh-for-all-sena-bluetooth-headsets

Well a bit more digging

€189.00 🤬

Has a range of 900yrds

So not as good as PMR but, if it allowed any sena to connect

For £225 or thereabouts,

you can procure a 30K, which comes with BT4.0 & Mesh built in

That was the option i chose, but i have to admit, i havn't used it yest ;)

I've just upgraded from the 20S Evo to the 30K. And Ive not used the mesh yet. I have other riders and always use the standard Bluetooth to connect. Not sure of the benefits and use of the mesh ?
If anyone can shed some light ?

Initially 2 of us had the 30K and one had a 20. The 30K using the mesh could talk and join extremely easily. The 20 has now been upgraded to a 30K along with another friend buying a 30K. All can communicate very easily. No button pressing. Dead simple. All you have to do is turn it on, activate the mesh and off you go.
So far really good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So what if you sneeze or sing ?
They hear it all ?

Yep just the same as connected up with the 20’s

Eh ? No its not.
With the 20's or even my 30K using the Bluetooth bike to bike, one rider pushes the jog dile and opens the conversation. Then, when finished, pushes the jog dile again and closes it. Music resumes.............
So, Using mesh, is it open permanently, or do you open and close it ? Hence my question. If you sneeze or sing or swear jesus christ my lord almighty

Eh ? No its not.
With the 20's or even my 30K using the Bluetooth bike to bike, one rider pushes the jog dile and opens the conversation. Then, when finished, pushes the jog dile again and closes it. Music resumes.............
So, Using mesh, is it open permanently, or do you open and close it ? Hence my question. If you sneeze or sing or swear jesus christ my lord almighty

Trust me you can connect up to 8 on the 20s open mic all day long, you can connect and disconnect if you want like you say but why, just something else to have to fiddle with, connect and stay connected?

but why, just something else to have to fiddle with, connect and stay connected?

Why ?
Listen to music. Receive a phone call....
Call a dopey driver a Cnut. Sing along to Castle on the hill ???????
Do you just lift and close the antenna to open and close the comms ?

Why ?
Listen to music. Receive a phone call....
Call a dopey driver a Cnut. Sing along to Castle on the hill ???????
Do you just lift and close the antenna to open and close the comms ?

Just tap once connect to rider one tap twice rider 2, you can still play your music and if you take calls connection drops?

Oh Ok. Thats Ok then. So just the same as the Bluetooth then. Open mesh by lifting the antenna, and once connected you open a conversation by pressing the jog dile. The mesh is supposed to be better quality and also have a greater range.

Oh Ok. Thats Ok then. So just the same as the Bluetooth then. Open mesh by lifting the antenna, and once connected you open a conversation by pressing the jog dile. The mesh is supposed to be better quality and also have a greater range.

Yep the mesh is supposed to be better, what it should be better for is groups, the Bluetooth connection puts all riders in a chain, if you move position in the pack the signal can get a bit crappy, the mesh thing is supposed to do away with that as it doesn’t care what order the headsets are connected in.

To start mesh lift the antenna and press the mesh button under the antenna on all headsets

Yep the mesh is supposed to be better, what it should be better for is groups, the Bluetooth connection puts all riders in a chain, if you move position in the pack the signal can get a bit crappy, the mesh thing is supposed to do away with that as it doesn’t care what order the headsets are connected in.

To start mesh lift the antenna and press the mesh button under the antenna on all headsets

Thanks Roadrash !
Much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom