Forest Gumps

Lol, if I find someone who has lost the other leg we could go halves on the knee braces!

Look really good. Just watched the video.
I’ve had 3 knee ops and though my knees aren’t too bad , I could use these for riding and also for skiing by the sounds of it.
So they obviously fit under jeans ok ? I have Rokker Revolution jeans which aren’t particular tight.
Where did you buy them ? Do you wear that sleeve shown in some vids underneath ? If so, doesn’t it get a bit warm in the summer ?
Ta.

Edited to add...

Fuck it.I’ve ordered a pair from 1stMX.

They knocked off the VAT and free postage.Went for the sleeves and bag too.

You can get the previous version of the K8 for £ 200 off but not sure how much better the mark2 is.

You should'nt have to pay VAT on safety equipment.

There are so many knee braces to choose from, including custom CTi, but in the end I went with Leatt C Frames. I bought a dirt bike and the last thing I want is a blown knee.

Used them for the first time on the weekend and very comfy. I also liked the feeling of the extra stability.

I've read a lot of good reviews on the POD braces but my main reason for going the Leatt version is I read they were good for adventure riding when standing a lot.

Yeah, the Leatt C Frames were my lead into all of this... as I also own the Leatt neck brace (carbon) version.

Good kit, but the POD K8 V2 inched forwards only because they are so slimline

Yeah, the Leatt C Frames were my lead into all of this... as I also own the Leatt neck brace (carbon) version.

Good kit, but the POD K8 V2 inched forwards only because they are so slimline

I didn't have a lot to reference and mainly went off reviews and the fact that Carpimoto sells them :) They work well with my Sidi Crossfire SRS boots so that's a plus.

Do you stand a lot while riding? The C Frames don't have a inner hinge, that's the reason they're mean't to be good for adventure riding as you're supposed to be able to hug the bike better with them.

Could all be nonsense in the end but that's what I read anyway.

I didn't have a lot to reference and mainly went off reviews and the fact that Carpimoto sells them :) They work well with my Sidi Crossfire SRS boots so that's a plus.

Do you stand a lot while riding? The C Frames don't have a inner hinge, that's the reason they're mean't to be good for adventure riding as you're supposed to be able to hug the bike better with them.

Could all be nonsense in the end but that's what I read anyway.

Yes mate, I was stood up for over an hour on day two, as we did the Cumbrian Hardknott Pass and Wrynose Pass... steepest road in England. All good stood up or sat down, and with toes on pegs for fast corners.

Great piece of kit those Pods. Very happy with them n wear them all the time now.

I also like a bit of Carbon Fibre bling.... thats true :D

Yes mate, I was stood up for over an hour on day two, as we did the Cumbrian Hardknott Pass and Wrynose Pass... steepest road in England. All good stood up or sat down, and with toes on pegs for fast corners.

Great piece of kit those Pods. Very happy with them n wear them all the time now.

I like that they lock your knees in while standing too. What boots do you wear? I think that is a consideration when wearing knee braces as you need adjustable boots

Lol, if I find someone who has lost the other leg we could go halves on the knee braces!

I like your thinking, but you can just buy the singular brace for half the price :)

I like that they lock your knees in while standing too. What boots do you wear? I think that is a consideration when wearing knee braces as you need adjustable boots

I have 6 pairs of boots, TCX S-Race summer and TCX S-Race winter goretex x2, TCX RT-Race Pro Air, TCX X-Cube Evo and TCX Comp Evo Michelin.

I like my TCX Boots :)

What are they like walking in? Don't want to add complications or add any more rebound damping.

What are they like walking in? Don't want to add complications or add any more rebound damping.

Honestly, you forget you're wearing them. They are totally natural to wear.

... and style for different bikes I ride :D

I’ve also got these exact braces. Currently just use them for green landing duties and I’m happy with the safety feeling they provide. Not cheap, but my thinking was better to prevent than to buy them later as a part of any post accident rehabilitation.

They’re comfortable in use both sitting and standing on the pegs. Only really notice them if you crouch or kneel down when off the bike, at which point they’re pretty awkward. But they’re for riding, so I excuse them that.

Used in hot climes with a lot of hard effort they did leave me with some odd swelling / indents under the lower shin bracing but that receded after a few hours.

Worth it if you’re worried about your knees or ride off road or fall off a lot or have some spare cash.

Back
Top Bottom