Forest Gumps

Just to add... when I'm wearing motocross boots the whole of my leg is braced as the top of the boot 'clamps' onto the lower knee brace.

Feels really good actually

Anyways, they're SO COMFORTABLE I now wear them all the time for road riding. I've ditched every single knee pad armour in my trousers.... Klim Badlands, Draggin Jeans, Alpinestars Tech-Road, everything except leather trousers (as they won't fit under leather).

But again testament to how comfy they are as you don't feel the need to take them off :D

I would never have done it for road riding myself.... but since I got them for off-roading, and then realised how comfy and well protected they are.... no brainer.

Unless you tell people you're wearing them under trousers, they'll never know !

Let me know how you get on with them Arsey

Great piece of kit those Pods. Very happy with them n wear them all the time now.

Honestly, you forget you're wearing them. They are totally natural to wear.

Well....I’ve just got home after a few days away and the POD braces were waiting for me.
Quite excited to try them.I read the instructions and also watched the video online for extra info and just to double check I was doing the right thing.

So I carefully put them on and made doubly sure they were fitted correctly and snug....

What can I say ?

Utter fucking shite ! Obviously we are all different but I didn’t find them streamlined or comfy at all.Then I tried to wear them with my Rokker Revolution jeans ( with knee armour removed).I could barely get the jeans over the braces.Not a fucking chance of bending my knees past about 20 degrees as the braces can’t move inside the jeans.
I dug out my old Draggins and they were no better.
I have no idea how Warlord can say

“Anyways, they're SO COMFORTABLE I now wear them all the time for road riding. I've ditched every single knee pad armour in my trousers.... Klim Badlands, Draggin Jeans, Alpinestars Tech-Road, everything except leather trousers (as they won't fit under leather).”

I can’t even get the jeans on properly with the braces in place.
And even wearing them without anything on,they are quite clunky and seem to move a fair bit, even with the straps correctly adjusted.

They’ll be going back first thing tomorrow.Shame as Warlord obviously loves his and must have extremely baggy jeans to wear them under !!!

Oh dear, what a shame.

They work perfectly for me. Must be a 'round' head 'oval' head type thing, like helmets.

Well at least you gave them a try :D and sorry you think they are utter fucking shite :D

But look on the bright side, you just saved £600

This isn't a good close up picture, but I'm wearing my POD K8's in this photo.

Was stood up all morning, and then sat down at gated fences, before they were opened.

They work great for me :thumb2

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190601-181038_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190601-181038_Gallery.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 76
Oh dear, what a shame.

They work perfectly for me. Must be a 'round' head 'oval' head type thing, like helmets.

Well at least you gave them a try :D and sorry you think they are utter fucking shite :D

But look on the bright side, you just saved £600

I just cant see how you can wear them under jeans as there is no way they will work with either my Rokkers or Draggins and neither are tight . Which Draggin jeans have you got ?
Shame as I was expecting a lot more after your review.

I just cant see how you can wear them under jeans as there is no way they will work with either my Rokkers or Draggins and neither are tight . Which Draggin jeans have you got ?
Shame as I was expecting a lot more after your review.

I've got Draggin Jeans C-Evo's size 36 waist (which are the thickest jeans I've ever seen in my life). But putting that aside, I've tried all my trousers and they all fit with these POD K8 braces.

What size braces did you buy as mine are size Large... None of my business, but I can only think my legs are skinner than yours? But I can't see how that makes much difference as they still fit easily over the brace framework and that is the widest point obviously. So maybe all my trousers are more loose fitting. I don't wear anything tight.

Outside of those thoughts, I have no idea why they haven't worked for you?

I've got Draggin Jeans C-Evo's size 36 waist (which are the thickest jeans I've ever seen in my life). But putting that aside, I've tried all my trousers and they all fit with these POD K8 braces.

What size braces did you buy as mine are size Large... None of my business, but I can only think my legs are skinner than yours? But I can't see how that makes much difference as they still fit easily over the brace framework and that is the widest point obviously. So maybe all my trousers are loose fitting. I don't wear anything tight.

Outside of those thoughts, I have no idea why they haven't worked for you?

Size L too and I’ve always had chicken legs !!!
It’s all very odd .

I've had the POD k4's for around a year. I only use them for off road and they work fine under motocross style pants (I've got Klim Dakars and Mojave ITBs). I have them adjusted to give me a bit of bend at the knee (so I can't completely straighten my legs) and I find this very comfortable on the bike. Off the bike walking around, they are less comfortable, but I don't really do much walking when I'm trail riding, other than around the bike to pick it up! :D

There's no way they would fit under my Rukka trousers though, or my leathers, and I don't bother with them for road riding - just stick with the D3O stuff that was standard.

Size L too and I’ve always had chicken legs !!!
It’s all very odd .

Don't understand then? I take it you had them on the right legs, as they are handed LEFT and RIGHT. ?

I can only think you wear skinnier clothing than I do?

I've had the POD k4's for around a year. I only use them for off road and they work fine under motocross style pants (I've got Klim Dakars and Mojave ITBs). I have them adjusted to give me a bit of bend at the knee (so I can't completely straighten my legs) and I find this very comfortable on the bike. Off the bike walking around, they are less comfortable, but I don't really do much walking when I'm trail riding, other than around the bike to pick it up! :D

There's no way they would fit under my Rukka trousers though, or my leathers, and I don't bother with them for road riding - just stick with the D3O stuff that was standard.

Are those the Pod K4 VERSION 2 as they are designed very differently to Version 1

Don't understand then? I take it you had them on the right legs, as they are handed LEFT and RIGHT. ?

I can only think you wear skinnier clothing than I do?

Yes I had them on the correct legs . Neither my Draggin or Rokker jeans are skinny .

Doesn’t matter . They’re going back . No use to me at all.

Yes I had them on the correct legs . Neither my Draggin or Rokker jeans are skinny .

Doesn’t matter . They’re going back . No use to me at all.

Oh well, only trying to help !

Just one last observation, did they not look like this in the picture when you had them fitted? Fairly close to your legs.

That's exactly how they look on me. :thumb

Attachments

• Pod K8 Carbon V2.jpg
    Pod K8 Carbon V2.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 90
Nope, version 1. Work perfectly for me for off road, which is all I want to use them for.

No that's ok. The reason I asked is because Version 1 pushes out the knee protector when you bend your knee. I suspected you had Version 1 by your description.

Version 2 changed this design completely and it's now more streamline and flush. Your knee area doesn't get pushed outwards any more.

It sits flush as you bend your knee, which is why I've been so happy with them.

By the way I don't work for POD :D I've just been very impressed by them, that's all :beerjug:

I guess yours must fit better than this
8b0dfdc359e7584ef28ddf5dcb442732.jpg

With the knee bent at 90 degrees there’s at least an inch gap between knee and the plastic guard so they’ll never fit under any jeans . You must have totally different legs but the braces still bend the same !!

That fitment looks ok to me....

I would suggest it's your other kit being close fitting.... but you wont want to change all that lot.

Tis a shame....

The only thing I would have said is those straps look too tight :)

That fitment looks ok to me....

I would suggest it's your other kit being close fitting.... but you wont want to change all that lot.

Tis a shame....

But kit such as jeans would need to stupidly loose when you see how much of a gap there is between my knee and the brace !!

9d9a133bb8f94a7875b51a54ebd18b13.jpg

Dunno how all of your kit fits !

Back
Top Bottom