Forest Gumps

Warlord

Do Not Resuscitate
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
This is a weird one, but worth highlighting to those that may be interested.

Last year, while riding in deep ruts, I became aware how vulnerable my knees were. So did some research and found these....

POD K8 Carbon Version 2 knee braces.

Anyways, they're SO COMFORTABLE I now wear them all the time for road riding. I've ditched every single knee pad armour in my trousers.... Klim Badlands, Draggin Jeans, Alpinestars Tech-Road, everything except leather trousers (as they won't fit under leather).

Reason being, once fitted I forget they're there, gives you massive better protection than crappy floating knee pads (which may not even stay in place)....

Very streamlined so gripping the tank with your knees is still the same, nothing bulky getting in the way.

So heads up.... they're very good :thumb2

Attachments

• 20181205_135512.jpg
    20181205_135512.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 736
  • 20181205_135523.jpg
    20181205_135523.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 702
  • 20181205_135542.jpg
    20181205_135542.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 712
  • 20181205_135639.jpg
    20181205_135639.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 718
  • Pod K8 Carbon V2.jpg
    Pod K8 Carbon V2.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 694
Review video here....

Run Forest...... Run :aidan

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2USGQenrj-0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hmmm.

Been thinking of something like these myself.

Some of my troos are cargo style and I can vouch for the fact the armour doesn't stay in place...........ooh me knees.

They look very 'techy'........are they really comfortable?

Sounds good, I know what you mean by floating knee pads - just a shame they would make me look like a fat, old power ranger/transformer (with a drink problem) :)

Nonetheless thanks for sharing what looks like a great product

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'........are they really comfortable?

Go try them for yourself. But YES they are REALLY comfortable (for me anyways).

I had these on every day when touring last week. 10 hours a day, constant. No issues at all, none.

They're very good.

AND, it's not only your knees they protect, you've got the carbon frame going midway up your thigh and midway down your shin. No issues with boots fitting as they're so slim.

Sounds good, I know what you mean by floating knee pads - just a shame they would make me look like a fat, old power ranger/transformer (with a drink problem) :)

Nonetheless thanks for sharing what looks like a great product

I went to my Mums the other day, when I got there I changed into shorts.... but left the knee braces on :D... she was fascinated so much she took a picture.

I think it looks like exoskeleton or something :D

But again testament to how comfy they are as you don't feel the need to take them off :D

Yeah, they really do sound awesome and comfy - I was doing ten hours a day also during my trip to Corsica and they would have been just the ticket. I may just get a set to remind myself what a dick i’ll look in them lol

Not knocking them, far from it, and it’s just an observation but it is yet ANOTHER bit of kit we would have to put on - by the time I’ve done my hair too I’d miss all the days riding lol ffs

Not knocking them, far from it, and it’s just an observation but it is yet ANOTHER bit of kit we would have to put on - by the time I’ve done my hair too I’d miss all the days riding lol ffs

Haha, you know what..... getting ready to ride normally takes forever, but you soon get into a routine.

I would never have done it for road riding myself.... but since I got them for off-roading, and then realised how comfy and well protected they are.... no brainer.

Unless you tell people you're wearing them under trousers, they'll never know !

Yeah, well said - as an aside I use one of those tethered ‘air bag’ installed jackets, protects the spine without which even talking could be an issue after a spill. So yeah I get (and practice) what you are saying

Haha, you know what..... getting ready to ride normally takes forever, but you soon get into a routine.

Half an hour prep..... 10 hours riding in comfort..... 1 day in an accident...... couple of days to recover.

10 mins prep.... 10 hours riding in comfort.... 1 day in an accident...... lifetime of pain and could've, should've stories :D

I watched some off road riders put their armour gear on in a cottage were sharing, for an event
Looked like they were getting ready for battle or MadMax

How much are these braces ?

Yeah, well said - as an aside I use one of those tethered ‘air bag’ installed jackets, protects the spine without which even talking could be an issue after a spill. So yeah I get (and practice) what you are saying

Sorry, don't mean to sound like I'm preaching :beerjug:

If course you ain’t fella - I’m just agreeing totally and ride safe

I watched some off road riders put their armour gear on in a cottage were sharing, for an event
Looked like they were getting ready for battle or MadMax

How much are these braces ?

Around £600 to £650 for the pair. But these are the top Carbon Fibre jobbies.

They do cheaper versions but I can't vouch for those as I've never tried them.

I went for the K8 Carbon purely because they are so slimline and did not want bulky stuff to wear.

Look really good. Just watched the video.
I’ve had 3 knee ops and though my knees aren’t too bad , I could use these for riding and also for skiing by the sounds of it.
So they obviously fit under jeans ok ? I have Rokker Revolution jeans which aren’t particular tight.
Where did you buy them ? Do you wear that sleeve shown in some vids underneath ? If so, doesn’t it get a bit warm in the summer ?
Ta.

Edited to add...

Fuck it.I’ve ordered a pair from 1stMX.

They knocked off the VAT and free postage.Went for the sleeves and bag too.

You can get the previous version of the K8 for £ 200 off but not sure how much better the mark2 is.

The sleeves are kinky as fuck. basically womens hold-up stockings :D but yes I use those occassionally when I'm not wearing Marino Leggings.

In summer and hot temps I'll be wearing these K8's with Kevlar jeans. Allow max airflow.

Let me know how you get on with them Arsey

I highly recommend good knee armour, this is a result of a 30mph RTA where a car turned into me, so I wouldn't worry about what wearing knee armour looks like :D
FB-IMG-1522006796689.jpg

I highly recommend good knee armour, this is a result of a 30mph RTA where a car turned into me, so I wouldn't worry about what wearing knee armour looks like :D

Two naughty Jack Russells?

You can get the previous version of the K8 for £ 200 off but not sure how much better the mark2 is.

The K8 Version 1 are very different, as the knee protector gets pushed outwards when you bend your knee.... this means it highly restricts what you wear over them.

The K8 Version 2 is completely redesigned and fits very flush to the knee, and is flexible to adapt to what you are wearing.

Back
Top Bottom