Laminate Gore-Tex

Deleted account 210604001

Reaction score
I'm looking for a new laminate textile suite and tripped across this..

https://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.s...m Hardanger Brown L&iccm=KEL_UK&from=kelkoouk

3737-000_Tan_01_ml.jpg

Looks good, but not out until mid-June.

RBW.

And to be honest, it's really fugly imho :barf

get real its a one piece suit, it looks the same as the BMW one, or the Aerostich one or the Olympus one. In black or grey its exactly the same as any other one in black or grey, what the hell is there to love or loathe its just a suit!!! Ok a very expensive one, a very waterproof one if the rest of the klim range is to judge from, but still a plain black suit

I like Klim stuff, so won't doubt it's quality... however.... why do you want a one piece?

a) If you damage it... the whole thing needs replacement.

b) Going to the toilet... is a nightmare in one piece, so don't get deli-belly on your travels.

c) When you sit down for lunch... it'll be tricky and inconvenient especially indoors.

I like Klim stuff, so won't doubt it's quality... however.... why do you want a one piece?

a) If you damage it... the whole thing needs replacement.

b) Going to the toilet... is a nightmare in one piece, so don't get deli-belly on your travels.

c) When you sit down for lunch... it'll be tricky and inconvenient especially indoors.

I don't disagree with anything you have said (I wouldn't dare...) However there is a purpose to this kind of suit. I use a BMW coverall every day to commute. I wear a uniform at work and have nowhere convenient to change in my current role. The coverall is perfect as I don my uniform (including PPE boots) and then step into the coverall, zip down the legs and I immediately am ready in a fully waterproof suit with full protection. When I arrive at work I step out of it (without having to go to the toilets to strip down to my pants) and I'm ready for work. Layer up accordingly for the time of year.

Granted I never use it for rides etc for most of the reasons you state but for commuting they are spot on. Good for journeys where you can step out of it, grab a jacket from the pannier and completely loose the appearance that you have just ridden a bike there. I appreciate you can do similar with basic waterproofs however they rarely come with all the body armour and abrasion resistance. Bloody pricey though!!

Neil

I don't disagree with anything you have said (I wouldn't dare...) However there is a purpose to this kind of suit. I use a BMW coverall every day to commute. I wear a uniform at work and have nowhere convenient to change in my current role. The coverall is perfect as I don my uniform (including PPE boots) and then step into the coverall, zip down the legs and I immediately am ready in a fully waterproof suit with full protection. When I arrive at work I step out of it (without having to go to the toilets to strip down to my pants) and I'm ready for work. Layer up accordingly for the time of year.

Granted I never use it for rides etc for most of the reasons you state but for commuting they are spot on. Good for journeys where you can step out of it, grab a jacket from the pannier and completely loose the appearance that you have just ridden a bike there. I appreciate you can do similar with basic waterproofs however they rarely come with all the body armour and abrasion resistance. Bloody pricey though!!

Neil

Very good.

Carry On :D

Thanks @Jerseyneil, spot on. I've had one piece leathers before, and it's a right faff going for an urgent dump in the nearest McDonalds. :D I've learn't that in a one piece, just take it off when you stop and sit relaxing in your underwear.

RBW.

They’ve got them in Motolegends already... think they had two in store when I visited the other week for some Rokker jeans...

I use an Aerostich for a 75-mile each way commute. It fits over whatever I need to wear that day (sometimes uniform, sometimes casual, sometimes shirt and tie) and allows you to wear as many layers as you need. Whatever you would wear to walk down the street on any given day, from thermals and layers to shorts and a t-shirt, the Aerostich will be just right for riding the bike. It's no faff if you need a wee and if you need a dump it takes approx 10 seconds to get off (though it isn't ideal).

I've also used it for touring holidays where it is every bit as flexible, but not ideal for sitting in a cafe or restaurant. But as said, it takes 10 seconds to get off or put on again.

Back
Top Bottom