Anybody ever used CBC breakdown cover?

shaunandco

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone here has used CBC for breakdown cover in Europe as, unless I'm missing something, then they seem to do an annual uk and Europe policy for just under £50?
Any thoughts or experiences gratefully received!

Just wondering if anyone here has used CBC for breakdown cover in Europe as, unless I'm missing something, then they seem to do an annual uk and Europe policy for just under £50?
Any thoughts or experiences gratefully received!

I've taken out the cover, underwritten by National Breakdown (owned by German company Great Lakes) to provide personal cover across Europe. £54. Not used it yet and hope not to!

Go via the link at MSE and get a discount https://www.comparebreakdowncover.c...POR-9250&porc=xiuFdeffqsHvInlfinCpfksvAHnpuoh

Can't see it being any worse than others, as it all depends on the person in the call centre and then the outfit that attends the breakdown.

That was what i was thinking but it just seems almost too cheap to be true!!

insurance companies do these mad deals to get a customer base which is then used to market their other services - I remember the National Breakdown brand from years ago, morphed into Green Flag. Seems this German outfit want to revive the brand and establish themselves in the UK.

My travel insurance is with Get Going, another German firm. If they can shake up the UK insurance market then good luck to them...

Yep - Last week I sacked the AA (£150+ for two of us, UK only) and signed up with CBC via MSE for £58 Europe-wide for both of us. No-brainer.

My travel insurance is with Get Going, another German firm. If they can shake up the UK insurance market then good luck to them...

Same here. Another bargain, despite my medical conditions...

My travel insurance is with Get Going, another German firm. If they can shake up the UK insurance market then good luck to them...[/QUOTE]
Do you have any details re these. I’m looking for travel insurance as we speak. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have any details re these. I’m looking for travel insurance as we speak. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Yes, I just googled Get Going and it gives https://www.getgoinginsurance.co.uk/

Get an initial quote and then do the medical questionnaire if needed. Last year they did not load my premium at all for several chronic conditions but a recent medication change cost me £4 extra.

All sorted for UK and Europe, thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm - just had a look at sacking the RAC (£107/year).
Had a bit of a shock! RAC seem to cover any car/motorbike if it has an MOT/Tax etc.
Some of the other insurers won;t cover vehicles over 15 years old.
Got a quote from National Breakdown and it was over £200 (must be the age of the bike).
My lovely K1200RS is 20 years old!
Not worried about the R1200GS yet, as it's a late 2018, so it has the 3-year cover from BMW
My Volvo is over 10 years old too.
Looks like the RAC is pretty good after all!
Beware of the headline price and check the details ;)

Back
Top Bottom