2014 Bmw R1200RT LC Drive shaft.

Mzokk

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I am doing a bit of maintenance on my 2014 R1200RT LC shaft drive. There was a split at the bottom of the 3rd segment of bellows at the gearbox end and I decided to remove the swing arm drive shaft to replace it. The shaft came off the gearbox output shaft during removal but seems a bugger to slide back on?. Is there an index spline on this shaft I know there is one my 1150 but the 1200 looks pretty uniform??. Also there seems to be an indent for a snap ring but there is none? I assume there should be? All input gratefully received.

Thanks.

Hi Folks,

I am doing a bit of maintenance on my 2014 R1200RT LC shaft drive. There was a split at the bottom of the 3rd segment of bellows at the gearbox end and I decided to remove the swing arm drive shaft to replace it. The shaft came off the gearbox output shaft during removal but seems a bugger to slide back on?. Is there an index spline on this shaft I know there is one my 1150 but the 1200 looks pretty uniform??. Also there seems to be an indent for a snap ring but there is none? I assume there should be? All input gratefully received.

Thanks.

I had mine off on a slightly later year (Guess they are the same) - no index spline , just plenty of lube.
Ring will be there (as mine was after I ordered a replacement !!) - it's on the drive shaft (inside) rather than left behind on the output shaft !! (look and ye will find .... I did .... eventually !!)

cheers

Thanks iI know you had yours out to do the swing arm bearings. Was the shaft a bit reluctant to slide back on to the gearbox output shaft?

Ta Marcus

Had another fiddle. Snap ring was hiding!! Give it a bit of a shove and it popped on......i have also ordered a spare snap ring :)

Had another fiddle. Snap ring was hiding!! Give it a bit of a shove and it popped on......i have also ordered a spare snap ring :)
Hursts will have mine sitting in stock - they were happy for me not to take it Glad you are sorted.

Back
Top Bottom