Lovely little Grosglockner Video

Came out of the tunnel at the top June last year into a biblical storm hailstones the size of golf balls one of the 4 of us had a little slide off had to wait at the top for an hour before the rivers of ice cleared . It was pretty hairy.
Could see several minor accidents on the bends below.

Glockner runs better north to south and is worth while doing as a day trip from somewhere like Zell am See taking in it then down into Italy via Lienz and Dobbiaco and taking in the Staller Sattel followed by the either the Felbertauernstrasse and tunnel back to Zell or return via Lienz and do the Glockner in the opposite direction (the run up the valley to Heiligenblut is excellent )

Last summer stopped in Heiligenblut heading south after Garmisch.

I ran South - North - South again just to enjoy the bends over again as I was stopping just south of the exit toll.

Was pretty fresh up at the higher view points.

Great fun.

If it’s on Nuttys route am I correct in thinking you are both heading for somewhere in Scandinavia then Keith ? :D

Ha ha ha......there's definitely a country beginning with S and ending in A that will feature on le trip :D

Last summer stopped in Heiligenblut heading south after Garmisch.

I ran South - North - South again just to enjoy the bends over again as I was stopping just south of the exit toll.

Was pretty fresh up at the higher view points.

Great fun.

Cheers for the tip , have booked the Bergasthof Wallackhaus in Heiligenblut.
How was your route after Garmisch ?

Back
Top Bottom