92 hp ?

If you forget the HP curve on BAMW's chart and convert the torque figures into HP yourself you get pretty close to the discrepancy that Richie is talking about.
And for the third time, any chart where torque in foot pound is not equal to HP at 5252 revs is bogus, it is simple O level mechanics!

If you forget the HP curve on BAMW's chart and convert the torque figures into HP yourself you get pretty close to the discrepancy that Richie is talking about.
And for the third time, any chart where torque in foot pound is not equal to HP at 5252 revs is bogus, it is simple O level mechanics!

Mr Boff, for the more ignorant (me) who don't have that particular O level, can you expand on the magic 5252 revs torque/HP confluence please. You may have to make it quite simple so that I get it. :thumb2

Pick an rpm site that you want the hp for. I have a dyno graph in front of me and i want to know the hp at 7200rpm so i look at the torque at 7200rpm and the figure is 77.4 ft lbs x 7200 = 557280 divided by 5252 = 106.1 hp

That O level was a Scottish one 60 years ago, so don't even know if it is still taught.
But one brake HP is the ability to raise 1 lb 33,000 feet in one minute.
Torque is measured in ft lbs, that is, the ability to overcome a resistance of one lb at a radius of one foot is one ft lbs of torque
So to expend one hp a 1 ft radius drum which is driven by one ft lbs if torque would have to rotate 33,000 times divided by the circumference of the drum. or 5252 times. Which is the 33,000 dived by 2pi I referred to in a previews post.
So it follows that torque is power, and horsepower is the amount of work that the torque can do in given time.

I’ve never seen that definition of a hp. All so simple in ft and lbs.!

Richie, 106 hp sounds good, was it an airhead. and, if so , what sort of mods do you need to get it there?

In addition to skill and a lot of dyno time,. that is!

Not specifics, just generalities.

Back
Top Bottom