Custom Fit Guards

I've got some. Had mine over a year now and fit perfect. No pain or irritation and carries the audio sound via the comms headset I use without any muffling or distortion. Mine are the CF Auto. Good product. :headphone

Depends how much you value hearing in your twilight years.

There are lots of similar companies, for around the same price, you'll just have to do so research.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I've got some. Had mine over a year now and fit perfect. No pain or irritation and carries the audio sound via the comms headset I use without any muffling or distortion. Mine are the CF Auto. Good product. :headphone

Just what I wanted to hear. I use the cheap foam ones currently but they can irritate my ears on a long ride. They claim you can still hear any helmet comms through then so good to hear that claim is actually true.

I bought a pair from Richard a couple of years ago and found that they put pressure on the fleshy part of my ear. I went back and he reworked them but it didn't solve the problem so I've not used them since. TBF the customer support I received was 1st class but I couldn't be bothered going back a 3rd time and I now use the Autitech ones that cost under £20.

The problems I had could well be down to a snug fitting helmet (Schuberth S2) pushing my ears rather than the custom fit guards themselves so might be worth you checking how much room you have in yours and how big the freshy part of your ear that's at the entrance to the ear canal is.

The Autitech ones won Ride magazine's recent test

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Auritech...=2014644289931141c4a6a1a74014af03911e77263c23

I bought a pair from Richard a couple of years ago and found that they put pressure on the fleshy part of my ear. I went back and he reworked them but it didn't solve the problem so I've not used them since. TBF the customer support I received was 1st class but I couldn't be bothered going back a 3rd time and I now use the Autitech ones that cost under £20.

The problems I had could well be down to a snug fitting helmet (Schuberth S2) pushing my ears rather than the custom fit guards themselves so might be worth you checking how much room you have in yours and how big the freshy part of your ear that's at the entrance to the ear canal is.

The Autitech ones won Ride magazine's recent test

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Auritech...=2014644289931141c4a6a1a74014af03911e77263c23

Thanks I certainly prefer the price of those. I guess its difficult to tell until you try them out. These look good though will check them out.

I tried Auritech until I lost one near the end of a 5 day road trip. I went back to the yellow foam 3M E-A-R plugs I had as spares and realised that the filters in the Auritech plugs were letting in a lot of road noise.

I've now gone to Custom Fit Guards and they work perfectly for me and I no longer have to have the volume on my Schuberth C4/SC1 setup turned up to the max. I find that the supplied lube makes a difference with both seal and comfort. I lost a filter a few weeks ago and discovered they are £15 each so be gentle with them.

I tried Auritech until I lost one near the end of a 5 day road trip. I went back to the yellow foam 3M E-A-R plugs I had as spares and realised that the filters in the Auritech plugs were letting in a lot of road noise.

I've now gone to Custom Fit Guards and they work perfectly for me and I no longer have to have the volume on my Schuberth C4/SC1 setup turned up to the max. I find that the supplied lube makes a difference with both seal and comfort. I lost a filter a few weeks ago and discovered they are £15 each so be gentle with them.

Doh! Already ordered some Auritech's. Will see how I get on but thanks for the useful feedback.

If you get any of these either get the ones with the speakers in or make sure you get the cord option. I have Ultimate Ear squidgy ones and they were forever falling out and bouncing off under cars, dogs, old people etc. Fortunately they can retro fit a cord so now they stay where they are. Very good plugs and company :D

Back
Top Bottom