Maps from GPS onto Computer in Basecamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigAlEly

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have been updating maps and refreshing my use of BS... all good and routes planned for upcoming trips... :D

However, one glitch, I used to have the maps in the device and on the computer in BC? Now I only have the maps in the 'device'. So I can only plan a route in the device, when it is connected. I would like to plan routes in BC when the device is not connected, but can only see the global map.

I have gone through Garmin Express to 'update maps to the computer' and it say I am up to date. But when I disconnect the device, I am back to global maps only on the maps drop down box.

I hope this makes sense. I have googled it, search on YouTube and through the threads on here for hours, as I didn't want to be told I'm being a lazy bastard.

Now I have to ask for help.... :thumby::bow

Cheers
Al:D

before you update the device, under options, you can select to update device only or computer and device. You have to manually select to update both. Default is device only...hope that helps

Go to the "Maps" pull down menu. and make sure that "City Navigator Europe 2019.3 NTU" is selected (ticked).

Sometimes, when updating, the latest maps get loaded, but also unticked, which means that Basecamp reverts to 'Global Maps'

before you update the device, under options, you can select to update device only or computer and device. You have to manually select to update both. Default is device only...hope that helps

I had already updated my device.... and was now selecting install maps on computer... but wasn't appearing....then, I had the brainwave of restarting the computer ... bingo. The map appeared in basecamp on the computer.

Thanks for the help...:D

Go to the "Maps" pull down menu. and make sure that "City Navigator Europe 2019.3 NTU" is selected (ticked).

Sometimes, when updating, the latest maps get loaded, but also unticked, which means that Basecamp reverts to 'Global Maps'

Cheers Paul, but it wasn't there to be selected, but it is now. See previous post:thumby:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom