Airboat experience in Florida

Popell

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Taking a few weeks out in Florida's Delray Beach area in June and the wife would love to have a trip in one of those 'airboats' rides
Trouble is they seem pretty expensive ( seen one at $375 for 30 mins for the two of us!!) Has anyone got any experience or suggestions?

I can think of many better ways of spending that kind of dosh that, to me, would be preferable. But if general opinion is that it's worth it, I may give it a go:nenau

Fun ride but make sure you have ear plugs. They are LOUD!

Took an Airboat ride some years ago, brilliant & I recommend it.

But not at the price quoted, we wouldn't have paid anything like that

40 USD / hour in the Everglades. Bit of a way from where you staying, but that's where we took our ride! http://www.captainmitchs.com/naples-airboat-tours

Maybe find something better priced near you, or travel

Did mine in the Everglades too, enjoyed it!

Its a few year back now but me and the wife had great experiences at Camp Holly airboats near Melbourne.
The boats then were a tadge home made V6 petrol engined strapped into the usual ally tub. I would describe the events (not a ride) as brilliant we went back a few times over the next year or 5. It was then a "local" type of outfit with "locals" involved. Value for money was 10/10 = https://www.campholly.net/
HTHY

All positive reports, thanks.
Think the wife managed to find one of the most expensive available (a skill honed over 27 years of marriage)
We have the use of a car so happy to travel round and incorporate the airboat with a touring day.

Thanks again for the tips,esp the earplugs-my Flare ones arrived today!

We stayed at Deerfield beach 2 years ago and took a trip out to Sawgrass Recreation Park and took an airboat ride for less than $25 including admission into their small zoo where you could hold a baby alligator . The boat ride was around 30-40 mins which was long enough.

A fiend organised a private speedboat tour along the inland waterways around the Boca Rotan / Delray Beach area and I think that was around $300 for a couple of hours . I’d always wanted to go an an airboat but I reckon the speedboat tour would be worth spending the most money on.

Head east to Naples on i75 Alligator Alley..... it’s a great drive through the Everglades and you will find plenty of “local” park up and ride Air Boat tours...paid about $30 a head for a 45 minute ride... the guy that took us brought a bucket of chicken so we could feed the Gators......

Make sure you wear ear defenders!

The 'gators love marshmallows - but don't put your hand anywhere near the water!

Back
Top Bottom