Mods on a 1290T

Instead of Hilltop you might want to try Chris a Steedman at CJS racing. That’s where my shilling is going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Few years ago I bought a Multistrada 1200S when they first came out. The fuelling was shocking. Ducati fitted a Race ECU to try and improve things. Bristol Ducati said go and see Chris so I did. The result was a ‘bricked’ ECU. Was lucky I still had the original ECU and Chris mapped it. It was better, but not like the bikes I’ve done at Hilltop....though I’ll add that the Multistrada might not have been improved massively by Geoff either. Of course if you want power then a race tune at CJS is probably your best option, but I’d rather have the crap fuelling low down sorted as a priority and whatever Geoff does seems to pretty much eliminate the issues - a bonus being that the bikes I’ve had done seem to fly afterwards too!

The other issue was that the mapping he did only worked in one of the ‘modes’, I chose Race mode from memory and the crap fuelling was exactly the same in all the other modes. Geoff’s program seems to fix the fuelling in all of the modes on bikes I’ve had done there. I fully accept that Chris’s programming may have moved on in the years since though but worth asking the question and I’ll add that he’s a nice guy.

As an edit: My Tuono low down fuelling hasn’t responded to Geoff’s tune like the other bikes. It’s probably 75% better in town but not perfect. I chatted to Geoff about this and the response was that what’s basically a race bike engine won’t be like a scooter round town. I ride around the issue with that bike a bit - the Multistrada might have been in a similar camp.

Fair play, I’ve heard good reports and I gather now that there’s no love lost between him and Geoff.

Anyway low down fuelling is helped by cat, O2 and SAS delete apparently.

Getting my SA-T on Monday ....

I was looking up the part catalogue re 2017 model year air box updates. To go euro 4 compliant they altered the airbox for better bottom end drivability and remapped it

the only air box mods listed are the two intake trumpets for 20 quid each and on 2016 model year bikes show with an asterisk to designate " * new part ", on 2015 it still lists the older parts.... went and checked mine and its got the 2017 MY parts on already

compared to a GS or GSA the screen is light years better - set half way and its OK (as in buffeting and hearing damage but about normal for bikes !!!)

Yep just got my 2017 yesterday. The low down fuelling is waaaaaaay better than the ‘15 plate SA-T I had. And the suspension seems a bit harder as well - I can chuck it around in Comfort Mode now which the previous bike didn’t like at all.

Bumot Extremadas are spot on, really impressed with them.

Replacing the OE mirrors with Doubletakes reduces quite a lot of the buffering, weirdly. Next up is to try the Madstad screen.

It’s nice to be back ....

interesting about the mirrors, the stock ones are a waste of space for seeing behind you, so if I keep it I'll change them to something that functions
at the moment its hidden in someone else's garage and haven't touched it for a month - which makes me much happier

interesting about the mirrors, the stock ones are a waste of space for seeing behind you, so if I keep it I'll change them to something that functions
at the moment its hidden in someone else's garage and haven't touched it for a month - which makes me much happier

I changed mine to the Superduke R mirrors. Much better.

Things I've had done etc:

> Healtech Quick shifter
> De cat & hilltop
> Cyclops LED headlight
> Changed the clear screen for a Puig sports screen & MRA spoiler
> Top box base plate & TT top box
> LED aux lights
> Evotech radiator guard & sump plate
> TT headlight cover (polycarb not grill)
> Alt rider side stand enlarger
> Fitted a SW Motech tank ring for my SW Motech tank bag
> Crispy Design decals on front mudguard & upper forks
> Had supersprox sprockets & DID chain fitted

:thumb2

As said before, nice looking bike....I like the decals on the front mudguard as it does look a bit bland, could I ask where you got those?
And did you change the headlight as the existing one was not good?

As said before, nice looking bike....I like the decals on the front mudguard as it does look a bit bland, could I ask where you got those?

The decals were bought from:

https://crispydesigns.co.uk

I didn’t buy an off the shelf design, so I spoke to him and amended one of the existing schemes with different colours.

Headlight has had a cyclops LED unit installed and is superb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve done a few miles now with the Madstad screen. It looks bloody awful, is eye watering expensive and a very agricultural design. But it works. No buffeting, visor up at ban speeds.

The decals were bought from:

https://crispydesigns.co.uk

I didn’t buy an off the shelf design, so I spoke to him and amended one of the existing schemes with different colours.

Headlight has had a cyclops LED unit installed and is superb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, I’ll take a look...

Took a test ride on a 2016 one of these on Friday............holy mother of divine Jaysus!!!!!

I'm sold.

What a feckin engine, and the wings exhaust without the db killer.........pure music under load and on the over run.

My dealer has 3 2016 in stock at the moment........can anyone recommend a good spouse hypnotist!!!!

Took a test ride on a 2016 one of these on Friday............holy mother of divine Jaysus!!!!!

I'm sold.

What a feckin engine, and the wings exhaust without the db killer.........pure music under load and on the over run.

My dealer has 3 2016 in stock at the moment........can anyone recommend a good spouse hypnotist!!!!

Just buy it, and worry about that later! Forgiveness is easier to get than permission, sometimes. ;)

Some lads change the white mudguard for the black one from the 1190 and it completely transforms the look of the front of the bike.
a47e07bc931702fc9be265e8ea113b69.jpg

Sent from a U11

Back
Top Bottom