Soft roading

fritz

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
North Yorkshire - but the map isn't the territory
Firstly - Be Warned ...Non GS shock

Took our newish GS replacement out for some light work at Weekend.

Trying out the new Wee on some easy dry trails - will try some more tricky stuff once I've some Scouts or similar fitted.

All my riding is two-up so it's easier trails for now

Friday over Whitby way and Saturday Dales

Firstly over the bank and across to Danby.

I love the fact you can use any of three gears up to 25mph, really lovely motor for gentle two-up trails...and bodes well for roads that aren't roads in other lands. Easy peasy ride, no running away with itself. Slow is good - particulalry two-up. A lovely lovely motor. Clearly more road bais...but my R80/7 was 'OK' off-road' and the Wee is an improvement on that :augie

Lythe bank offres the best views on approach to Whitby.

Stop at a surprisingly quiet Magpie for F&Cs. Bev was literally mugged by a large gull - deliberately flew into her in big for her to drop the box. Cheeky ****er :eek:

Didn't work! :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 367
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 367
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 364
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 370
Saturday and the Dales

Firstly a misappropriated highway sign...a clear breach as you can't close roads without authority...and there's no authority for this - the lane in a legal road. Cheeky ****er again :augie

Very green mind.

Met a lady walking her dog and stopped for a natter - always do to prove good will, found here whippet chewing it's way through a rabbit a bit further along.

Tricky riding in between ruts but otherwise lovely.

Next lane is now marked up (hope that doesn't mean the park are going to then close), ridden it a few times in past with JB and don't remember it being signed before? And never met anyone.

Lots of ramblers (cough) out - got to the narrow bit just before about 20 of them so handy, met more coming other way too but no offence caused and all reasonable folk. Hopefully we can all share a bit (yeah right :mad:). Sign as mentioned in last picture.

Liking the Wee.

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    248.4 KB · Views: 359
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 337
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    249.4 KB · Views: 369
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 339
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 353
Looks good, do you have a route map, so we can see where you went?

Looks good, do you have a route map, so we can see where you went?

I doubt Fritz uses a GPS, it's all in his head

All the info for UCR's is on the North Yorkshire Council Mapping, online

So then you just need to marry it up with a paper OS map:D

Back
Top Bottom