Road closures

Kritou

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Sat May 25th our planned ride down from the capital to Moffat on the A701 ground to a halt at Broughton where an advisory roadsign announced a closure a Tweedsmuir, 10 miles ahead

OK, a 20 mile re-routing via Biggar sorted the issue but there was no prior warning on Google Maps or ViaMichelin

Subsequent investigation reveals that only https://www.roadworksscotland.org showed the 15 day closure and other details

Perhaps the above site is worth a quick look before setting off on those Scottish roads where diversions can involve a mile munching re-routing

Attachments

• 9F604386-756A-4490-B359-5CA3FB6B52EC.jpg
    9F604386-756A-4490-B359-5CA3FB6B52EC.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 246
handy link cheers

I met the same closure on 4 wheels coming North with my good lady on Friday. Was aiming for Moffat via one of my favourite bits of bike road, but had to enjoy / endure a piece of much bumpier road that shadowed the M74 for a few miles, but the bonus was the blue sky and the less common scenery along the B7076 to Beattock.

I still ended up in The Rumblin Tum cafe in Moffat Hight Street.

I found it difficult to read sign at 60mph, so continued down the A701 with not a bother and even returned by the same route too.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Ditto! Wondered why a bunch of bikes were stopped at the caff. The grub ain t that good!

Back
Top Bottom