Gear Lever

Sharik

Reaction score
Would anyone know if the gear lever on a F700GS will withstand being bent back into shape or is it more likely to fracture? Many thanks.

If it's 'cast' as opposed to steel then it's most likely gonna break.

IIRC isn't it a common mod to fit steel gear levers (from the 650 singles) to these bikes for just that reason :nenau

Andres

Would anyone know if the gear lever on a F700GS will withstand being bent back into shape or is it more likely to fracture? Many thanks.

Two options

Try it -

If it breaks - you have your answer

If it dosn't break you have your answer :)

If it breaks here is an aftermarket alternative that I took note of when it was posted elsewhere:
IMS Part number: 312223
Fits: Honda XR 250R ,400 98-04 XR250L 91-98 Yamaha TTR 250 99-04
Direct swap with BMW lever but is ½” longer. The splines are a perfect match.

The 312223 would appear to be only available from overseas, unfortunately time does not allow the wait for delivery on this occasion. Thanks RadioFlyer, duly noted should there be, or rather when, a replacement will be required!

The 312223 would appear to be only available from overseas, unfortunately time does not allow the wait for delivery on this occasion. Thanks RadioFlyer, duly noted should there be, or rather when, a replacement will be required!

Conversely I would think that the OEM lever from any of the listed bikes (Honda XR 250R ,400 98-04 XR250L 91-98 Yamaha TTR 250 99-04) should work since they share the same splines but I can't verify that.

Gear lever

Apply heat to it before you try to bend it. From memory its slotted most of the length of the lever so wont need much heat.

Bf

Back
Top Bottom