Bluetooth issues Rider 550 & iPhones.

smudger64

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I brought my 550 in July 2019 and was told the intermittent Bluetooth issues was a known problem and was being worked on as a matter of priority.
It’s still not fixed and I’m currently trying to demand a refund as it’s specifically sold as fully integrating with Siri. They keep suggesting it’s my unit or my phone that’s at fault, even though I have an e-mail from them when I first raised it, saying it’s a known fault.

I like Tomtom’s, much better than that Garmin crap, well apart from this issue anyway.
So it’s a Tomtom app on a iPhone XR for me now. Bigger screen and I know it will connect first time, every time to my head set.

I brought my 550 in July 2019 and was told the intermittent Bluetooth issues was a known problem and was being worked on as a matter of priority.
It’s still not fixed and I’m currently trying to demand a refund as it’s specifically sold as fully integrating with Siri. They keep suggesting it’s my unit or my phone that’s at fault, even though I have an e-mail from them when I first raised it, saying it’s a known fault.

I like Tomtom’s, much better than that Garmin crap, well apart from this issue anyway.
So it’s a Tomtom app on a iPhone XR for me now. Bigger screen and I know it will connect first time, every time to my head set.

I and a mate had the same problem with the TomTom 410 so it seems nothing has changed.
Because of this and many other faults I sent mine back and got a full refund and went back to my trusty Rider V5 which,
i am still using but looking to change but, cannot bring myself to go TomTom again so, looking at the Garmin offerings.
Out of interest, yesterday i was riding our new blood Bike which has aTomTom 500 on it so, took the oportunity to have
a play. Just off the top of my head i typed in, Warrington, it suggested Cockhedge Warrington which is a shopping area
so, dobbed that; it routed me up the road into Wrexham ?? It showed at the top, Warrington Cockhedge, Wrexham!
Doesn't inspire a Tomtom purchase does it?

Back
Top Bottom