Canterbury City Council and the new ANPR car parks

Wobble

Hugh Janus
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
If anyone has tried to get parked in Canterbury or Herne Bay lately you will see that many of the car parks have changed to ANPR and without a front number plate they wont let you in.

Not sure if this is deliberate on the part of the council or just an oversight. When I asked them in the past they said the barriers would be short enough to ride past, but this is not normally the case.

https://www.canterbury.gov.uk/forms/form/453/en/contact_us_about_parking_and_transport

If you care to drop them a line and say you are planning on visiting, but have heard rumours that motorcycles are not welcome.

There are still a few places in other car parks or a small block in the centre by the taxi rank, but they are normally full. Ive googled motorcycle parking canterbury but the council links are all no longer valid.

Perhaps if they get a load of enquires, they will do something, but at the moment we are being pushed out again.

It's hardly surprising they are discouraging bikers - on Monday last there seemed to be endless loud pipes blasting through the Thanet Way tunnel near my home.

I went through several times trying to get the over run crackle amplified :beerjug:

The acoustics aren't as good as in a cylindrical tunnel like southbound Blackwall, the dangley pipe things in the northbound seem to act as mufflers.

It's hardly surprising they are discouraging bikers - on Monday last there seemed to be endless loud pipes blasting through the Thanet Way tunnel near my home.
HDRCGB meet at the Chestfield MacDonalds.

If anyone has tried to get parked in Canterbury or Herne Bay lately you will see that many of the car parks have changed to ANPR and without a front number plate they wont let you in.

Not sure if this is deliberate on the part of the council or just an oversight. When I asked them in the past they said the barriers would be short enough to ride past, but this is not normally the case.

https://www.canterbury.gov.uk/forms/form/453/en/contact_us_about_parking_and_transport

If you care to drop them a line and say you are planning on visiting, but have heard rumours that motorcycles are not welcome.

There are still a few places in other car parks or a small block in the centre by the taxi rank, but they are normally full. Ive googled motorcycle parking canterbury but the council links are all no longer valid.

Perhaps if they get a load of enquires, they will do something, but at the moment we are being pushed out again.

Take a small battery powered disc cutter; then modify so bikes can get past.:beerjug:

All Harley riders love a Maccy D's cappoo don't y'know :cool:
:D

Not this one. Never consumed anything in a MacD, KFC or any of those diabetogenic outlets.

I've made deposits there a few times though.

At least they've gotten rid of those stupid sleeping policeman humps when you go in and exit the place!

Back
Top Bottom