Embarrassed to ask......

SKIPSTER

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
:hide
Right one and all. After nearly 31 years of pretty much relentless graft, I’ve blown a gasket and canned the career. It is now time to enjoy my HP2 E and enjoy some travelling.

The 21” front wheel has been rebuilt and I want to shod the bike with tyres biased towards road use. 70% road and 30% off road, eg, fire trails, Salisbury plain during the dry ‘ish’ season for example.

Suggestions appreciated.

Matt.

Never had a problem with the TKC80 front, even pushing it a bit��

Anakee Wild are good on road and give good grip at lean angles you wouldn't expect trom a knobbly type tyre once you get used to the slow turn in.
Not quite as good as a full knobbly in really wet conditions as the tread pattern just blocks up but for normal green lanes they are very good.

Have a look at Metzler Karoo 3, had them on a 690 and they are brilliant on the road but are great for easy off reading also.

Hi all.

Thanks very much for the suggestions. I’ll do some research today and should have the old girl back on the road pretty soon. Bash plate finished and fitted, pannier rails to go on and other jobs need doing to make it ‘touring friendly’.

Thanks again.

Only ridden 20 miles, but first impressions of the Mita E07’s are positive. Quiet and the bike goes where I point it so a good start.
Rightly or wrongly I opted for the Dakar rear and standard front. Tyre pressures need lowering and I am concerned about durability, but YouTube and other reviews were complimentary.
Anybody that can change these at the side of the road, well I take my hat off to you. The rear was a pig to fit what with the side walls being so stiff. I can’t imagine being stranded in the back of beyond facing that job.
Thanks for your suggestions everyone.
Matt.

Canned the career, and off to Salisbury Plain? :D

Back
Top Bottom