Buying a comfort seat?

TonyP22

Reaction score
I’m currently looking at buying a comfort seat over the standard GS one. If anyone has changed their seat could you tell me the brand and your opinion on it please

Thanks

Wunderlich Ergo Standard Height Heated Seat on a 2017 BMW R1200 GSA, with upgraded Ohlins Suspension at factory settings on Compression and Rebound.

I'm 14 Stone... Mr Average. 6 ft, 32 inseam, 34 waist.

The seat is supportive but on the firm side and I would describe it as a saddle not a seat. Apparently it needs to bed in.... Done 1000 miles on it so far and it is getting better.

As it's flatter at the back, it lowers the seat by 20mm which stops you sliding forward compared to a standard GSA Seat.

Am I happy with it... Yes overall. Build quality is great, looks nice, so I'm going to persevere with it.

Would I describe it as a comfy soft seat... No.

Would I describe it as a supportive firm saddle... Yes.

Attachments

• Wunder2.jpg
    Wunder2.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 249
  • Wunderswitch6.jpg
    Wunderswitch6.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 238
  • Wunder3.jpg
    Wunder3.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 224
  • Wunder5.jpg
    Wunder5.jpg
    240.4 KB · Views: 226
  • Wunder6.jpg
    Wunder6.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 217
Similar build to Warlord, and have had both Sargent seats and Corbyn seats. I found the Corbyn to be comfortable but a little wide for my 32" inside leg, and it made getting my foot down less easy. The Sargent seats are as comfortable, but narrower and don't create the same reach problem for me.

I tried the Sargent seat and have since moved on to the actual bmw comfort seat and I've found that brilliant.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Thanks for all your advice , it really has helped 😎

I personally think that the 1250 GS seat is better than previous ones. Ive recently done a 458 mile day and was still OK at the end of it. Don't know why, as they are supposed to be the same as seats on the 1200. Go figure :nenau

Back
Top Bottom