The Silvretta

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1Rat

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I’m planning a trip to Austria and we were going to do the Silvretta. I’ve have tried to find out which is the best way, clockwise or anti clockwise? We have the choice of either way.
Any thoughts as to which is the best?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Replied and thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you want a bit of atmosphere, stay at the madlenerhaus-silvretta.com
Hemingway stayed there in the thirties and there's some memorabilia
It's lies below a dam and you might not like that.

a lovely pass - i did this last year in June, fantastic bit of road in excellent condition - enjoy!

When we did it a couple of years ago (anticlockwise ) we queried the posted 60 kmph speed limit signs at the toll booth, we were met with a shrug, a smile and the reply of 'there are no police patrols on the Silvretta unlesss they pay the tolls or someone crashes .................. enjoy'.

Mind you the run down from Landeck to the toll booths the other side of Ischgl and Wirl despite having beautiful scenery was slow and boring with a large proportion of it being 50 kmph limits because of all the villages and was snarled up with camper vans etc

Planning to do it again in the opposite direction this July on the way down to Zell

Personally, I prefer clockwise, but whatever takes you fancy.

When descending, watch out for trucks climbing the pass with heavy loads that tend to use all the road...& some.

A nice pass, but would choose direction to fit in with rest of trip as it’s nothing special.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom