Thread: I need advice for a route please

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

I need advice for a route please

I have another funeral to attend in a fortnight at Exeter Crematorium

I am thinking early boat from Dublin and then a ride down avoiding the repetitive drudge of the motorway on a 35 year old motorcycle

AM I thinking that this is a reasonable road and could do it on 8 hours ish?? it says 6 hrs 06 on Google

Holyhead

Betws-y-Coed

LlanDindrod Wells

Raglan

and across estuary on the M4 and on down to Tiverton ??

https://goo.gl/maps/XdwZGz2mZYgMqt4S8

Oh Great and Wise Deity, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,

Courage to change the things I can! And the wisdom to know the difference!

As soon as you join the A30 from the M5 come off at the the next junction and ride across Dartmoor to Tiverton
    Sell my bike?
    I would rather stick wasps up my arse !

Quote Originally Posted by Wreford Miles View Post
    As soon as you join the A30 from the M5 come off at the the next junction and ride across Dartmoor to Tiverton
    Sometimes its not easy to confuse a paddy "but" in this instance

Our group will likely be coming along the M5 and then off into Tiverton

Is Dartmoor not the bit over towards Proff's area ???
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Oh Great and Wise Deity, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,

Whatever Google says add 3 hours for safety...........

I’m guessing that alcohol or old age caused the confusion between Tiverton and Tavistock ...

good route down from Holyhead capel curig etc ,llandrindod wells all good areas .....is it no better for you to get the Fishguard ferry from Rosslare ?

A couple of good stops if they work for you:

The Honey Cafe near Talgarth: https://www.honeycafe.co.uk/

Steel Horse Cafe between Abergavenny and Raglan: http://www.steelhorsecafe.co.uk/

genoQian Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    My very own recording studio! (South Wales).
    Cwmystwyth mountain road aka national cycle route 81

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/Devil's+Bridge+Falls/Rhayader/@52.3087001,-3.740499,11.39z/data=!4m15!4m14!1m5!1m1!1s0x486f998c23f3aee5:0x339 2aeb9a3e40291!2m2!1d-3.8497637!2d52.3769323!1m5!1m1!1s0x486f955b89eec84 f:0x50d8b23d498d100!2m2!1d-3.510641!2d52.301537!3e0!5i1?authuser=1

This will put you onto the A470, a nice trip under Pen y Fan. I would then suggest Monmouth to Chepstow via the Wye Valley and Tintern Abbey but I think the road is closed, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by DC View Post
    good route down from Holyhead capel curig etc ,llandrindod wells all good areas .....is it no better for you to get the Fishguard ferry from Rosslare ?
    Its 220 miles from where we live to Rosslare, then another 200 from Fishguard to Tiverton

Against 284 via the Holyhead route

But thank you for the suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by stratblue View Post
    Cwmystwyth mountain road aka national cycle route 81

This will put you onto the A470, a nice trip under Pen y Fan. I would then suggest Monmouth to Chepstow via the Wye Valley and Tintern Abbey but I think the road is closed, unfortunately.
    Unfortunately its a tight schedule But thanks

Basically I was hoping that it could be done in 8 or 9 hours Rather than resorting to tedious mile munching as I did coming back from Porff's funeral at the same venue

Quote Originally Posted by DrFarkoff View Post
    I have another funeral to attend in a fortnight at Exeter Crematorium

I am thinking early boat from Dublin and then a ride down avoiding the repetitive drudge of the motorway on a 35 year old motorcycle

AM I thinking that this is a reasonable road and could do it on 8 hours ish?? it says 6 hrs 06 on Google

Holyhead

Betws-y-Coed

LlanDindrod Wells

Raglan

and across estuary on the M4 and on down to Tiverton ??

https://goo.gl/maps/XdwZGz2mZYgMqt4S8

looks ok, only suggestion is that if you take the A44 at Rhayader thru nantmel and gwystre to crossgates, just 150 yds across the roundabout is a service station with a caff if you need a break, then back to said roundabout and hang aleft down A483 to llan dodd to rejoin your route