route advice, again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

de crowe

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Heading from Malaga to Cherbourg next week and looking for some route recommendations. I will be stoping over in Toledo and then heading to Andorra where I intend to fit a new rear tyre. I am mulling over the route and was wondering if anyone here has any suggestions. thanks

1900 kms (direct) across the length of Spain and France, via Toledo and Andora...

Next week you say? How long have you set aside for the total journey, two days? Three? A week? Longer?

Which routes have you mulled over so far?

Have you looked at any of the many recommendations on routes between the NW Channel ports and Andora(ish)

Have you pumped anything into Kurviger?

Do you have a map?

1900 kms (direct) across the length of Spain and France, via Toledo and Andora...

Next week you say? How long have you set aside for the total journey, two days? Three? A week? Longer?

Which routes have you mulled over so far?

Have you looked at any of the many recommendations on routes between the NW Channel ports and Andora(ish)

Have you pumped anything into Kurviger?

Do you have a map?

Yes I have a map. I am hoping for perhaps some local knowledge for a more interesting route. I have been up and down the Cherbourg Malaga road a number of times and am looking for the road less travelled. I have two day to get from Toledo to Andorra. I leave Monday am from Malaga and my ferry to Ireland is Saturday pm. It will be the usual pace for me on holidays. Not familiar with Kurviger until just now!. thanks

I don't know the south of Spain well but you could look at the map for some small towns at the end of windy roads, list them out and there is a route.

North of Madrid I know better so, for example, you could take Teruel - Alcaniz - Andorra - Florac (Gorges du Tarn) - Confolens - Nord s Erdre - and Cherbourg

Then either pick the twisty looking roads between them on the map or ask Kurviger to do it for you.

If it looks small and twisty on the map, has small towns rather than cities and shows campsites, it is probably worth going through and once you get above the middle of Spain you are unlikely to pick a really bad or busy road.

Thanks for that. I have my route in France sorted already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andorra is a shithole, one of our chaps spent the morning (hence the other five in the group did too..) getting a new front - couldn't even get a matching one.

My advice in this order:-
give Andorra a swerve unless you are dead set on it

If dead set, ensure they have a tyre in stock to your tastes- may just require a call ahead.
If you do go to Andorra, the road from Sort up to Vielha (C28 is worth a punt after Andorra)
Also heard good things about the C13 from Camarasa up to Tremp (Didn't manage to include on last trip unfortunately)
Have a good trip

Andorra? Wouldn't bother either.

I've been looking for a bit of inspiration for a trip later this year criss crossing the Pyrenees and bashing a few cols on the French side rather than concentrating on the Western Picos for a change.

Came across this whilst having a gander at Youtube. Have a look at this chap's route, PEMC club trip.

Well planned with a lot of route guidance.

You should be able to hit the med coast and meander back across to the west using a few of these roads or at least use them as a starter for 10, do quite a few cols before picking up your pre-planned route to Cherbourg.

Roads look really rather good.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/erIDwHGmJXU" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dDwkfRA46hQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

OK, so France (Andorra to Cherbourg) we can ignore, let’s say two days out of your seven full days.

You have set aside two days to get from Toledo to Andorra; four days gone out of your seven. Plus however long it takes to get a tyre fitted in Andora, say half a day. Four and a half days gone. If that’s right, that gives you two and a half days to go from Malaga to Toledo? Is that correct?

ab443e1b98005247d0c7111573aad05c.jpg

Which bit of the Spanish route are you asking for help with?

A. Malaga to Toledo (two and a half days)

B. Toledo to Andorra (two days)

C. Both (four and a half days)

Are you set on going via Toledo?

Toledo is worth a stop and so is Segovia. They are only a couple of hours apart, but Madrid is in between. Traffic on the motorway (M50) can be a bit full on.

OK, so France (Andorra to Cherbourg) we can ignore, let’s say two days out of your seven full days.
You have set aside two days to get from Toledo to Andorra; four days gone out of your seven. Plus however long it takes to get a tyre fitted in Andora, say half a day. Four and a half days gone. If that’s right, that gives you two and a half days to go from Malaga to Toledo? Is that correct?

ab443e1b98005247d0c7111573aad05c.jpg

Which bit of the Spanish route are you asking for help with?

A. Malaga to Toledo (two and a half days)

B. Toledo to Andorra (two days)

C. Both (four and a half days)

Are you set on going via Toledo?

Thanks again for that,
the only portion I am seeking a recommendation on is Toledo to Andorra (2 full days).all the rest is set.
I was thinking Toledo Cuenca Teruel but am open to an alternative route .

Thanks again for that,
the only portion I am seeking a recommendation on is Toledo to Andorra (2 full days).all the rest is set.
I was thinking Toledo Cuenca Teruel but am open to an alternative route .

Probably worth making that detail clear at the start

Try Simon 100, he’ll probably know something.

Whatever it is you settle on, tell us about it as it might be useful to others.

Thanks,

Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom