Intended Restricted Byway Help Please.

TwoTone

Reaction score
There is a beautiful Byway to the south of Swaffham which Norfolk county Council are looking to make a restricted byway , meaning it wouldn't be open to motorised traffic , the reason given by NCC is that is unsuitable for motorised vehicles but whilst a 4 wheeled vehicle would struggle it is perfectly accessible and safe for motorcycles , if you could just take 2 minutes to send an email to fiona.pratt@norfolk.gov.uk

Thanks.

Hi Could you indicate which one this is? I think I know but dont want to guess.

cheers
Pete

Believe it's this one. A great bit of singletrack..

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-06-03 at 17.07.07.jpg
    Screenshot 2019-06-03 at 17.07.07.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 209
Have you raised this with the TRF group in your area?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Yes, the RoW officer is taking it up with the council. The more people that raise it the better though :thumb2

The man who has applied to make these lanes a Restricted Byway lives 200 miles away in Wiltshire ? Dr P Wadey who is the chairman of the British Horse Society an organisation that has 92,000 members , makes the TRF with its 5,000 members look rather insignificant and certainly unlikely to be as well connected , these lanes are not navigable on a horse because of the low over hanging tree branches , I do wonder why a man who lives 200 miles away wants to interfere with lanes he's almost certainly not traveled ?

The countryside should have access for all and these historic rights of ways should be protected.
Dr P Wadey is using his weight as chairman of the BHS to stop one user group having access over his preferred user group which is totally wrong. We have just lost another excellent lane in Derbyshire and when you read the lies and BS for the reasons for closure it beggars belief. One thing that is patently clear is that the decisions have already been made once someone decides that they want a lane closed.

Back
Top Bottom