enabling Hill Start Assist with E-sys?

keltis99

Reaction score
Could someone confirm that it is possible to enable Hill Start Assist using E-Sys+BMW ICOM D Cable+ethernet-odb cable on a 2015 GS? What about enabling ABS Pro or some hardware changes are already required? My VIN at realcom suggest that Hill hold assist is a retrofittable option so i know it is a coding job - just wondering if i will need some bmw FSC code which of course costs $.

I have done some basic coding on my F32 so I am pretty confident i can pull it off before going to the dealer and spending a wad of cash.

if someone could consult me on any intricacies (if there are any) pls let me know

xS

I can't help you, but I am interested in your topic.

I paid to have Hill Start Assist added to my bike and I use it all the time at stop lights, marking junctions on group rides, steep hills up and down.

Really great.

I’ve got the professional level GS 911 and there’s sooooo much I can do with that however this one, phew, best of luck. I can see what you are hoping to achieve and if you do, without having to resort to lots of dealer dosh for hardware/software, then boy you have done well :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could someone confirm that it is possible to enable Hill Start Assist using E-Sys+BMW ICOM D Cable+ethernet-odb cable on a 2015 GS? What about enabling ABS Pro or some hardware changes are already required? My VIN at realcom suggest that Hill hold assist is a retrofittable option so i know it is a coding job - just wondering if i will need some bmw FSC code which of course costs $.

I have done some basic coding on my F32 so I am pretty confident i can pull it off before going to the dealer and spending a wad of cash.

if someone could consult me on any intricacies (if there are any) pls let me know

xS

Wait until Fred wakes up in OZ he has that kit and would know for sure..........

I'm not sure what device your using to activate the Hill assist but I had it fitted to my 2015 gsa and I preordered it at the dealer and think from memory it was around £200 as I also had a service and a few other things done at the same time.
I believe it's a download from bmw so unlikely to be accessed by 3rd party computer.
Also had an issue when dealer done it as my bike could not be switched off after some kind of glitch

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

in a gist - the bike needs to be coded/programmed to have the hill assist feature enabled. of course BMW will do it for you with their software but by now that software is floating freely online hence if you have that, the right cables and a bit of DIY experience in theory you should be able to do it yourself. Some guys even offer to do it remotely via teamviewer for some $ (cheaper than the dealer). Options coding DIY is pretty popular among BMW cars but there is a lack of wider info on bikes...

I found the Hill Start Assist on the older bikes to be pretty crude, needing lots of revs to break the hold and release the brakes, otherwise you could stall the engine, so could lead to pretty abrupt and jerky starts. I felt it was not really usable with a pillion and luggage, as it felt downright unsafe. I would use it to hold the bike, but would always release it manually before setting off. Having used it, I am not sure it is worth paying to have it retrofitted,

In contrast the new auto activating version on my 1250 GS is much better, with an easier more gradual release, and I used it all the time on a two-up tour in Spain from which I have just returned.

Yes, I added it to my bike. You need an ICOM A2 or ICOM NEXT though, genuine or clone will work.

PM if you like

Good on you Fred...........:clap

just to confirm that with the new I-level (mine is K001-18-07-520) BMW has disabled the free adding of hill start control (option X204A) on the LC models. Now during the procedure ISTA+ is asking for a "code" which comes at a "fee". Hence beware updating your bike's I levels. We tried doing this using both E-sys (connected fine after fidgeting) and ICOM NEXT and had to give up. Hence the only way is coughing up 250eur at the dealer :-(((

just to confirm that with the new I-level (mine is K001-18-07-520) BMW has disabled the free adding of hill start control (option X204A) on the LC models. Now during the procedure ISTA+ is asking for a "code" which comes at a "fee". Hence beware updating your bike's I levels. We tried doing this using both E-sys (connected fine after fidgeting) and ICOM NEXT and had to give up. Hence the only way is coughing up 250eur at the dealer :-(((

The way you add it for free is using e-sys and add the code manually. Trying it through ISTA+ will always ask you for the vehicle order number

We added the salapa element...but esys did not want to ecode the abs module...so we went through ista+ and hit the wall
That code needs to come from bwm which means $$$?

We added the salapa element...but esys did not want to ecode the abs module...so we went through ista+ and hit the wall
That code needs to come from bwm which means $$$?

Sounds like you got halfway there. PM me if you want.

Either way, you don't need to buy an order code from BMW

Fredaroony can you send a PM? thanks

Sorry but I don't have the PM function as I removed the paid option from this putrid forum. This place is only full of trolls, losers and scammers so I'm done

Have a look at the ADVRider link above though

Sorry but I don't have the PM function as I removed the paid option from this putrid forum. This place is only full of trolls, losers and scammers so I'm done

Have a look at the ADVRider link above though

very sad, i reed your posts very good stuff, always same big mouth many posts ruin forums but bring nothing.

Back
Top Bottom