Possible fault code

Wardy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi wonder if anyone can help, when I turn ignition key, the display comes up with 18 wheel, and then disappeares after 3 seconds, and display returns to normal, just showing mph at 0, only just started doing this, is it anything to worry about, or am I just becoming paranoid ? Cheers Steve.

All mine have an 18 appear in the startup sequence and i think they always have, so i wouldn't worry. (Not near the bike at the mo so can't confirm what the actual display sequence is)

I have never noticed this... where does the '18 wheel' thing appear. All my dash lights come on and glow for a couple of seconds, then most go out, leaving oil, battery, neutral and ABS... fire up and the oil goes out first, then battery, ABS after a couple of bike lengths, the green one when I press on the gear stick, obviously. I have never noticed anything else....where to look?

Mine has always done this when I turn the ignition on. It then goes away and everything works as it should.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big thanks guys for responding, put my mind at rest, cheers.
King rat, 18 wheel comes up in the mph display, in the start sequence.

Big thanks guys for responding, put my mind at rest, cheers.
King rat, 18 wheel comes up in the mph display, in the start sequence.

Thanks - I shall go and check. I have never seen it, possibly because I have always been watching the pretty lights. :D

I changed mine to 17 and the speedo is now more accurate. It reads the same as my GPS now within 1mph.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct Dec. Hot Rod welding manufactured speedo rings to correct this issue. They may still be available on their website

Back
Top Bottom