Transferring basecamp from 1 computer to another

wispyone

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have come to the conclusion my computer is sh1t. Its now too old and too slow - I'm sick of waiting for the little blue circle going round and round whilst it has a think.

I have ordered a new computer but I have basecamp on my old one with loads of routes I am working on for a trip later in the year. Is it possible to transfer basecamp to a hard drive and then to new comp with out losing any data? Or is there a better way to do it?

Cheers

Richard

If you have an Apple Mac, then you just follow the on screen instructions when you fire up your new computer and everything gets transferred over, including your BC data

Windows? No idea

With BC you can have a Cloud login account. Although I can never login to mine even though I do know the password!
I’d assume that on the new PC you login and retrieve your information.
Failing that can’t you just save “Collection” them import it onto the new PC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Use backup then restore in new basecamp

My new computer is a Dell with Windows so no Apple Mac, I will look in the cloud storage solution but failing that are you saying I just back Basecamp on my old computer. Re-download to the new one and all routes will be there once I've restored?

why Not back up the collection of routes you have to a disc ? Then when you fire up the new Pc and load BC on, just upload the old routes when you connect your nav ,any routes on that will just show up in the left hand column. Have fun

Copy all your routes, favourites or whatever onto a memory stick. It will take seconds and not require a huge amount of memory.

Load BaseCamp onto your new PC.

Drag routes and other guff across.

Job done.

My new computer is a Dell with Windows so no Apple Mac, I will look in the cloud storage solution but failing that are you saying I just back Basecamp on my old computer. Re-download to the new one and all routes will be there once I've restored?

doesn't matter, cross platform file.

dead easy just go to file and backup in basecamp insert usb dongle and send the backup to that, install base camp on new machine then go to file and restore, point it to the file on the usb from back up and away you go

Cheers for all the info guys, I now have base camp with all my maps on my new computer.
Stress over :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom