Lextek exhaust gs1200

John_mx

Reaction score
Hay,

Thinking about getting a Lextek exhaust because it looks like good value for money and was just wording if anyone has used this exhaust and what do you think ? :)

it will be on a 2005 R1200 GS,

John.

Never heard of them, sorry.

Are you talking about a full system, headers or end can ??

Plenty of other stuff like Remus, Keihan etc ? especially used on eBay.

I would be more inclined to try and source a second hand exhaust from one of the major manufacturers (Remus, Akra, Arrow etc etc)

Not familiar with the can you are looking at but having seen the brand at the NEC a couple of years ago, they are budget, Chinese level stuff.

Sent from a U11

no idea if that brand works, I think they are pretty big brand with reasonable reputation, looks similar build as the others but £140 not £740. Bear in mind the technology is nothing, just a tube and a perforated tube inside that. The silencer costs 20 quid plus a few bends and end caps, so all in to make an Akropovic is less than 74 quid !!!

its possible its as good or better than the others. Also possible it doesn't help or even drops the power. Most likely slightly better than stock in most of the rev range and a few bits missing in others (just like the very best).

I bought a Lextek link pipe for my 09 which I believe is the same system as yours. Seems well constructed. I used it to connect a 51mm inlet Scorpion can. Even came with the bracket for the silencer. Most restriction is at the cat so after market cans don't make huge differences, just a nicer sound.

Back
Top Bottom