Morocco 4-17 of April 2020

John_mx

Reaction score
Hello,

looking to ride from Liverpool to Morocco on the above dates if anyone is going I would be happy to join you or if anyone has any advice about traveling at this time of the month etc :)

was thinking about using the Euro tunnel and taking some of the TET on my way down,

I have around £7000 for the trip will that be enough?

Going on a GS1200

John.

Going on a GS1200

John.

That’s enough to get you to Cape Town ;) unless that includes buying the bike :D

Have a great trip

Ahah no I already have the bike :)

don't tempt me, don't need an excuse to keep traveling aha,

Thanks bud 1st long distance trip on the bike so it's rather exciting,

Do you think the time frame is enough?

Have you looked to see how far you have to travel to get to a crossing point to Morocco....2 days travelling..2back =4 days gone..
Tet on the way down....,!!!...
You will be lucky to spend a week in Morocco...

Why not consider Toro adventures. Think they advertised on here and watched a few YouTube vids. Provide all the kit, bike, accomodation and guiding services by the look of it. Either way enjoy your trip :beerjug:

Yes seen them its £3500 for 10 days plus your fights and 4 days food.

No I have just booked the time off work with the time to go it alone from there, Have you been before and if so how did you go about it?

I am new to all this so do forgive me if you think I am being naïve only ever done long distance in a camper :)

Yes seen them its £3500 for 10 days plus your fights and 4 days food.

A bargain then at 50% of the budget you stated on your opening thread. Use the other £3,500 to do some of the TET closer to home maybe.

Hello,

looking to ride from Liverpool to Morocco on the above dates if anyone is going I would be happy to join you or if anyone has any advice about traveling at this time of the month etc :)

was thinking about using the Euro tunnel and taking some of the TET on my way down,

Going on a GS1200

John.

Have you perused the Morocco section of the forum? Loads of info there, I do think you might need a little more time.
Mark

You could do it in 2 but from Liverpool think 3 days down and 3 days back - That’s just to Morocco.

Then 2 days down to Erfoud 2 days on the desert side of the high Atlas then 2 days back up to the Med

Fuel for c5000 miles and tyres, next service and depreciation on your bike will be the biggest cost.

£3500 for 10 days all in Morroco sounds good value but you lose the my bike my trip feeling

13 days.
The ferry to Spain is 24hrs and it’s 2 days to get to Morocco without the TET x 2 for return that leaves 9 days in Morocco.
This is enough to do the usual road stuff, see the tourist sights, over the High Atlas etc but they will be long days in the saddle - average speed is low.
If you go with a tour you will do and see a lot more - go it alone and you have a certain satisfaction, so you decide.

To me Morocco was not a holiday, more a trip - loved it and it made me want more “trips” (I’m beginning to dislike the term adventure”).
PS some friends went on a tour and it was cheaper than the one you quoted - can’t remember the name but do some research. Hope you have a good trip :beerjug:

Don’t world of bmw tours do a tour of Morocco. The bikes are shipped to the south of Spain, where you fly in, collect and then do the tour, with just a return ride home.

Having done the five day tour a few years ago, I thought it was excellent value.

How come you don't like the term Adventure anymore?

I am curious aha

No I have just booked the time off work with the time to go it alone from there, Have you been before and if so how did you go about it?

I used to do a ride to called the Moroccan dash. We went at Easter so as people didn't lose too many days holiday leave at work,. so it was always around the time you plan to go, April.

It was an open invite trip, just meet up at the channel tunnel very early 7am, or the petrol station as you exit the terminal in France.

Used to get about 10-12 people turn up.
Rode through France on the first day, then a B&B or hotel, then Spain on the second day, arriving at Algeciras early evening, again we stayed in Hotel.
Crossed into Morroco the following morning.

We did a figure of eight around Morrocco, Fez, Marrakesh, Dades/Todra Gorge, Meknes, a quick stop off at Volubulis on the way back to Algeciras

The last trip i organised (organised being a very loose term :D) was in 2009 rough idea of cost about £1200 staying at Hotels, none booked in advance, just pick one you fancy whenever and wherever you arrive.
Trip was 8-9 days, mileage, for me in london, door to door was 4500miles.

I'd guess you'd be hard pushed to spend £3000 for your whole trip from door to door.

We used to average around 220 miles a day when in Morocco, fantastic roads with some off road..

Bare in mind ours wasn't called a "Dash" without any reason, we just enjoyed the ride.

Here's a ride report from the first DASH.. We tightened up the ride times on the following trips, two days, easily done, just leave an hour earlier in the morning and don't fanny about at fuel stops.. and this was with a large number of riders, for a single rider it's a very very easy 2 day ride.

I've also driven a Land Rover around Morocco on two of the Moto Morocco tours.

A picture that always brings a smile to my face.. 8 of us in a Marrakesh mercedes Taxi going out for a meal.

j5wnl4.jpg

How come you don't like the term Adventure anymore?

I am curious aha
:topic
“Beginning to dislike” I may change my mind :rolleyes:

It’s such an over used term. All my trips have been holidays - Morocco, the Balkan’s, Baltic’s, Nordcap are all well worn routes. Even the Ozzie outback that I rode in in the 80s was just a holiday.
At first I thought it was a good catch all phrase to describe certain bikes to non bikers, now it’s used for a holiday to Ireland :blast
My scale goes something like this:
Holiday eg Spain, Bulgaria
Trip eg North Africa, Russia
Adventure eg Stans, Africa, Mongolia, South America.
:beerjug:

Or come with me
www.bimbleonthebike.co.uk

Wed 8th April 2020 - Sun 26th April 2020​
So, the plan is a 19 day trip with 13 days in county.

You will need a minimum of a 600cc trallie type bike as we will be riding all the way to Morocco through Spain (and back) and a bike that gravel tyres can be fitted. You do not need to be an off road riding god for this trip. I currently estimate that whist in Morocco 75% will be tarmac, 20% gravel, with 3% broken tar, stones and bits of wood with 2% sand when we reach the Sahara. I will be on my full fat GSA and have no desire to come back with a pile of bits, so nothing harder than gravel roads is planned
Expect to ride about 4000 miles over 19 days, so this isn’t for the faint hearted, but I will make it a trip to remember. Unfortunately not suitable for pillion passengers
Full instructions on bike and personal prep will be provided. No camping, hotels and a warm shower each night!

£1500 Price includes ferries from UK to Spain (return with bed in cabin) and Spain to Morocco (return)

www.trailridingrhayader.co.uk Face Book Trail Riding Rhayader
Morocco April 2020 fully booked
Still a couple of spaces Morocco October 2020
Bikes transported UK Southen Spain UK then 10days guided trail ride in Morocco from the Mediterranean to the Sahara Dunes and back, hotels every night

Back
Top Bottom