How could I fit a cheap LCD digital speedo?

it depends what you class as poor... My Dad who's 92 still has a licence and in theory could drive.... I always wondered who put all the dings in their car until he called it a day... not even a scrape now my Mum does it alll and she's had this car for 4 years now :) but shes only 89 :yelrotflm but got to say, she drives a lot better than some out there.

I've bought this... see how it goes when it arrives :)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UK-Car-M...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Great minds think alike.. I ordered one last night:D

However mine is from the land of the chinese:blast

I get it just fine, I just don't agree with you.

So you think that difficulty in focusing on very near objects means you are not safe on the roads, even if your distance vision is perfectly fine? Because that being untrue is the point I and others have been trying to get across, and which it appears that you don't "get".

Great minds think alike.. I ordered one last night:D

However mine is from the land of the chinese:blast

And where do you think the Ebay one is coming from..................:green gri

KEVIN REYNARD
KEVIN REYNARD
ROOM 517 5/F NEW CITY CENTRE 2 LEI YUE MUN ROAD KWUN TONG
KOWLOON

And where do you think the Ebay one is coming from..................:green gri

KEVIN REYNARD
KEVIN REYNARD
ROOM 517 5/F NEW CITY CENTRE 2 LEI YUE MUN ROAD KWUN TONG
KOWLOON

we know where they are made... its just who gets it quicker ;)
Item location:
London, United Kingdom

Very annoying how Chinese/Hong Kong based suppliers try to con you into thinking they are in the UK, and this happens on both eBay and Amazon. Having said that, stuff I have knowingly bought from China rarely takes more than 2 weeks to arrive these days.

Finally Digital speed on the speedo, credit to the count.

- Ignition on/bike stationary.
- Press TRIP repeatedly - until the top displays SET UP ENTER
- Press TRIP and hold - to start the SET UP menu
- Press TRIP repeatedly - to scroll thru' menu items to reach SET UP BC Custom
- Press INFO and hold - to display 1st menu item SET UP BC ODO appears
- Press TRIP repeatedly - to scroll thru' menu items. During this the bottom line indicates where the menu item currently appears on the display i.e. top or bottom
- Press INFO once briefly - to change your choice to TOP or BOTTOM
- Press TRIP repeatedly - to reach EXIT menu item
- Press TRIP and hold - BC CUSTOM will appear
- Press TRIP and hold again
- Press TRIP repeatedly - to position your choice at the TOP (in my case RANGE to empty)
- Press INFO repeatedly - to position your choice at the BOTTOM (in my case SPEED actual)

Yes I know. However the bike does not display in kmh

I don't use a BMW nav.

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk

only on the pro displays.... not on mine sadly :(

only on the pro displays.... not on mine sadly :(

Not from me but interesting

I am happy to report that Ride Modes Pro can be retrofitted to a '16 GS and now includes ABS Pro. I did not need to purchase a separate ABS pro software code. You will need a speed sensor but there seems to be a good supply on Ebay for cheap.

So I paid $229 for the Ride Mode Pro enable code plus one hour of labor. $89 for Bosch lean angle/speed sensor. I also had the GPS Prep and TPMS enabled at the same time since I also retrofitted those parts.

Theoretically you could skip the speed sensor and still have Ride Mode Pro but the ABS light would be on your dash until you added the sensor.

Not from me but interesting

I am happy to report that Ride Modes Pro can be retrofitted to a '16 GS and now includes ABS Pro. I did not need to purchase a separate ABS pro software code. You will need a speed sensor but there seems to be a good supply on Ebay for cheap.

So I paid $229 for the Ride Mode Pro enable code plus one hour of labor. $89 for Bosch lean angle/speed sensor. I also had the GPS Prep and TPMS enabled at the same time since I also retrofitted those parts.

Theoretically you could skip the speed sensor and still have Ride Mode Pro but the ABS light would be on your dash until you added the sensor.

what does ABS pro do for you?... I'm new to ABS, don't want to go too far too soon LOL :)

As far as I know its supposed to stop me falling off my bike its magic wizardry.....................:D

think ill stick with just ABS.... you can have too much of that trickery me thinks.... :)

Ahh ok, older riders with poor eyesight is a good thing. I get it now...

And you did it again........if you inference was just poor eyesight causes poor driving what has age got to do with it as any age even babies, can have poor eyesight?

Back
Top Bottom