BMW s1000xr low suspension

MAR.600

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi
Looking at purchasing a low suspension model. Being a short arse 29 inside
Leg. Looking for info has anyone had problems on the twisties grinding the pegs on the corners ? And other problems loading the bike with extra weight etc
No passeangers etc .

Any info would be appropriate
Thanks
Martin

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Not heard of any issues from anyone who has either factory lowered or dog-bone mods

29” leg - a low-seat might just suffice.

I’m 30” I think - and with the low seat, i can get both feet - flat on the ground.

Reckon if you are relying on trading in after a couple of years, a dealer would give you less “we’ll have trouble shifting it” for it.:rolleyes:

Try a low seat first. Despite less padding, I still find it all-day-comfortable.

Not heard of any issues from anyone who has either factory lowered or dog-bone mods

29” leg - a low-seat might just suffice.

I’m 30” I think - and with the low seat, i can get both feet - flat on the ground.

Reckon if you are relying on trading in after a couple of years, a dealer would give you less “we’ll have trouble shifting it” for it.:rolleyes:

Try a low seat first. Despite less padding, I still find it all-day-comfortable.
I had a triumph tiger standard my friend bought a low version he had all sorts of problems on the bends grinding pegs etc
It wasn't safe at all. Eventually triumph changed it to a standard version.
All is good now.

I’ve had a 2015 low XR and now have a 2019 HP low XR and have a 29” leg. No issues whatsoever, you will chicken out long before the pegs scrape. I can flat foot perfect. Tried the low seat on the HP in the showroom and there was no noticeable difference to the standard HP seat so went with that as it looks great.
Dealer reckons low seat versions are popular because the standard XR is quite tall. No comments when I traded in my 2015.

I’ve had a 2015 low XR and now have a 2019 HP low XR and have a 29” leg. No issues whatsoever, you will chicken out long before the pegs scrape. I can flat foot perfect. Tried the low seat on the HP in the showroom and there was no noticeable difference to the standard HP seat so went with that as it looks great.
Dealer reckons low seat versions are popular because the standard XR is quite tall. No comments when I traded in my 2015.
Thanks for that .
Test riding one this morning.
I had a low f800gs it was fine for me.
Then went onto a ktm 1090 had to get it lowered just too much tippy toe.
Looking at the xr looks the bees.
Cheers

I have had a factory lowered XR since last July, 2016 model. I occasionally scrape my boot on some familiar corners and one particular roundabout - there's under 1 cm of unused rubber on the edge of the tyre. I do not feel restricted at all as that is about as far as I want to go. I really like being able to plant both feet on the ground with comfort.

Had a test ride of the low version today .
Loved gearshift , all the gizmos in the bike as well. Cruise control .
On road mode thought the ride was stiffer than the 1090. But held the line well. No issues on the twisties. Seat was fine comfortable for me.
This bike is a rapid when you open it up.
Grin factor 10/10 when I came off the bike
Looking at a triple black model.
On the screen has anyone purchased an aftermarket one ?
Thanks for the info

I have had a factory lowered XR since last July, 2016 model. I occasionally scrape my boot on some familiar corners and one particular roundabout - there's under 1 cm of unused rubber on the edge of the tyre. I do not feel restricted at all as that is about as far as I want to go. I really like being able to plant both feet on the ground with comfort.

On road mode thought the ride was stiffer than the 1090. But held the line well. No issues on the twisties. Seat was fine comfortable for me.
Thanks for the info

If the grin factor was “10/10” then you should order one first thing tomorrow.

Sounds like you loved the bike and the screen will either sort itself or you’ll find an aftermarket one that suits.

Get it bought!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MRA screen with a laminar lip works well.

Around £90. :thumb2

Attachments

• 411C6819-480D-4465-9D91-2E15D4A9FC54.jpeg
    411C6819-480D-4465-9D91-2E15D4A9FC54.jpeg
    39.2 KB · Views: 2,282
Thanks for the info

MRA screen is the way to go. Had it on both my XR’s. Perfect for my height, (5’ 10”)

I lowered mine

When I got my XR I was on tippy toes (5`9") so I took an existing design from the States and (only IMHO) improved it and fitted it to my bike. It worked a treat and now I provide a service doing it for oher XR riders, indeed only yesterday we did a lowering on an XR.

I`ve always had great reviews on the product and it seems to be popular and worth considering.

https://www.cymarcbikeparts.co.uk/s1000xr-lowering-kit--fitting-service-204-p.asp

:thumby:

Back
Top Bottom