Rokker Jeans ~ Really Waterproof?

Deleted account 211025001

Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting a pair of these and would want to use them as my everyday commute/winter/summer/fuck off somewhere foreign jeans.....

So my question to those that already have a pair is are they really waterproof? I mean, really, really waterproof? Not 30 minutes of light rain waterproof, I want three hours on the M1 in torrential rain in the middle of January waterproof so, are they?

Oh and how do they compare to kevlar lined jeans for warmth/coolness?

Andres

I'm thinking of getting a pair of these and would want to use them as my everyday day commute/winter/summer/fuck off somewhere foreign jeans.....

So my question to those that already have a pair is are they really waterproof? I mean, really, really waterproof? Not 30 minutes of light rain waterproof, I want three hours on the M1 in torrential rain in the middle of January waterproof so, are they?

Oh and how do they compare to kevlar lined jeans for warmth/coolness?

Andres

I'd like to know that too for the same long runs in summer rain.
I also want them to be a good bit cheaper than they are.

I'd like to know that too for the same long runs in summer rain.
I also want them to be a good bit cheaper than they are.

Cheaper would be nice but, if they are as versatile as they seem to be (ie really are totally waterproof) then I reckon it's worth it.

Andres

I would imagine in your torrential scenario the issue would be one of warmth rather than waterproofiness.

Even if they were waterproof my knees would have frozen up in that sort of climate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I would imagine in your torrential scenario the issue would be one of warmth rather than waterproofiness.

Even if they were waterproof my knees would have frozen up in that sort of climate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Well, yeah, you're right of course; I was being somewhat facetious but am aware that a lot of riders on here seem to have a 'riding season' ;) so was trying to make the point that surviving a 30 minute summer down pour does not count as waterproof......... I want to know if they are as effective as my Gortex laminated textile jobbies in all weathers?

Andres

Well, yeah, you're right of course; I was being somewhat facetious but am aware that a lot of riders on here seem to have a 'riding season' ;) so was trying to make the point that surviving a 30 minute summer down pour does not count as waterproof......... I want to know if they are as effective as my Gortex laminated textile jobbies in all weathers?

Andres

Wife has them, great jeans, and we have had a good few monsoons with them, 1 was a 3 hour ride on the motorway pissing down really heavy, but we had to get back, she was dry as a bone, however she said she regretted not ordering a size up, as to put some leggings under in cooler climate, as they are not the best in the cold without something underneath, so I would say if you can get a decent price go for it, great looking comfy jeans.

Had mine 2 years and they’re 100% totally waterproof.
Seen rain many times including a huge thunderstorm near Grenoble in 2017 that lasted an hour and flooded the road .
Bone dry under the Rokkers.
Also worn in rain all day (8 hours) and totally dry .

Make sure you buy Revolutions as the others aren’t waterproof.

They are all I’ve worn last 2 years on every trip ( plus jacket etc before some wag chimes in )

Buy with total confidence, hippy boy !
Much cooler in warmer weather than my previous Rev It jobbies that had lining and got sticky.

I’ve used Rokkers in all weathers and I’d say they are great between 8 degrees and 24.

Above that they get a bit warm and below that wear a merino base layer

Sounding VERY good so far ~ thank you :beerjug:

Andres

I’ve just sent a mate on the NC500 with his and he wanted to take his goretex pants as a back up but I convinced him he’d be fine with just Rokkers.
They’ve got soaked all week but Rokkers bone dry underneath he says .

Interested in these too if they really are waterproof. Do they have a waterproof liner. If so what about the outer? Does that wet out or are they a bit like gore tex laminates with the waterproofing woven into and bonded with the outer. How long to dry once wetted out?

They are waterproof, I tested them in the biblical rains in France last June. I was dry as a bone underneath but me bits did feel a bit nippy. The only real problem was that the rain just ran off them onto my boots, which were not waterproof. As has been said they can be a bit warm in hotter climes and a bit chilly in colder ones, just wear some base layer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interested in these too if they really are waterproof. Do they have a waterproof liner. If so what about the outer? Does that wet out or are they a bit like gore tex laminates with the waterproofing woven into and bonded with the outer. How long to dry once wetted out?

The latter . Behave like a laminate . Easily dry out overnight

I had a damp crotch in my Rokker Revolutions last time out so I emailed the supplier who responded that any leaks are usually down to incorrect use i.e. you left the flies open. They suggest testing again before sending them off as it costs £38 to test them; so me, Jaq and a hosepipe got together and couldn't replicate the damp ! So I'll put my hands up to operator error.

ps - if they are found defective by the test company, you get your £38 back !

I’ve got some, and they’re definitely waterproof.

BUT, they’re not really jeans. They look like jeans, but aren’t jeans as we know it, as they’re quite stiff, which I guess is how they are waterproof. I’m very pleased with mine, but they aren’t as comfortable as a normal pair of jeans.

I had a damp crotch in my Rokker Revolutions last time out so I emailed the supplier who responded that any leaks are usually down to incorrect use i.e. you left the flies open. They suggest testing again before sending them off as it costs £38 to test them; so me, Jaq and a hosepipe got together and couldn't replicate the damp ! So I'll put my hands up to operator error.

ps - if they are found defective by the test company, you get your £38 back !

That’s interesting. The last time I wore mine I had a soggy crotch. Never happened before so I’ll check that mine likewise wasn’t down to inadvertent flashing.

Bill

Apparently, water ingress through the pockets can happen.

Great jeans though, although only worn mine in heavy showers they’ve kept me dry.

I’ve got some. I agree with nutty they look like jeans but in away they aren’t . Defo waterproof but get heavy when soaked .

They are totally waterproof BUT you will get cold.
Only the one layer leads to heat loss when wet + water + windchill.
I agree on that worn them a few times in the heavy rain and although dry you definitely need a base layer. I found them quite sticky in the heat as well but that may have been down to an exciting ride.

I agree on that worn them a few times in the heavy rain and although dry you definitely need a base layer. I found them quite sticky in the heat as well but that may have been down to an exciting ride.

It warmed up this afternoon, and mine also felt quite sticky

Back
Top Bottom