Sportster help.

Well, the first 900 miles have been superb. The bike is amazing on the Argyll roads that I use and there's absolutely nothing that I would change (actually, I did spend £15 on a rear rack but hey ho).

Strangely, I'm not drawn to the bigger HD range yet. I'm just enjoying this for what it is :D

IMG-20190706-100756895-HDR.jpg

Well, the first 900 miles have been superb. The bike is amazing on the Argyll roads that I use and there's absolutely nothing that I would change (actually, I did spend £15 on a rear rack but hey ho).

Strangely, I'm not drawn to the bigger HD range yet. I'm just enjoying this for what it is :D

IMG-20190706-100756895-HDR.jpg

Very nice indeed, great for the twisties.............

Loved my sportster. Even kept the peanut tank. The only thing that let it down we’re the rear shocks but yours look like decent shocks ��

I love my Sporty - 29 years old!!!

What a gem!

Attachments

• AC8640FE-58A4-4F8B-9408-0043E5193B26.jpg
    AC8640FE-58A4-4F8B-9408-0043E5193B26.jpg
    275.1 KB · Views: 123
Loved my sportster. Even kept the peanut tank. The only thing that let it down we’re the rear shocks but yours look like decent shocks ��

Apparently the front and rear were upgraded in 2016. Can't say that they're brilliant but most folks seem to agree that it's a big improvement.

"specifically updated front forks with cartridge technology and triple-rate progressive springs. Additionally, the new triple clamps, fork brace and emulsion rear shock absorbers with 50mm of preload adjustability"

I've had the Sportster for exactly a year now and love it. What with other bikes to ride, I've only managed just over 2,000 miles but every single one has been fantastic - never been happier on a bike. I've spent a rather miserly £90 on mods (screen, risers, rack and tail pack) which leaves some cash to look at getting another Harley.

My continental touring days are probably over so a new Low Rider might do the trick. I quite like the idea of mid pegs, rather than footboards, and it has the larger fuel tank for trips to the Highlands. Just need to get a test ride organised.

IMG-20200611-151735310-HDR.jpg

Back
Top Bottom