Road names

rovert57

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Is there any way of stopping the Garmin sat nav requiring the road and house number for a destination .All I need is the town/ city

Open the map.

Touch the screen.

Drop a mark in the center of the place you (sort of) want to go to.

How to do that:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-2dh6VITgdM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It’s worth watching the entire video but the bit you want is at about two minutes.

Thanks wapping
Just that the section of the map on the sat nav is very small and your fingers cover a few miles

Two fingers on the screen, move them apart to decrease the scale. Or just hit the + sign

Thanks wapping
Just that the section of the map on the sat nav is very small and your fingers cover a few miles

I can zoom into the small streets of central London and Rome. Pinpoint accuracy, which you don’t really need as you just want the centre of a town, apparently.

What is it you are trying to do by way of navigation / route creation?

Or just go into "Cities" as seen in post 2. Cities will find any city/town/village/hamlet marked on your map, i.e. not limited to cities

Just plotting a rough route and using the trip planner on the zumo 396 don’t have a laptop to use the various route planning sites

Back
Top Bottom