Test rode the GS 1250 Rallye TE - awesome

Literally ... only just enough but I'd prefer bigger.

Reason being, if you're out hooning with your mates on a days rideout... that 240 mile range disappears fast.

This means you become the weakest link, especially out with GSA Riders.

..... and that, is a PITA

Rubbish...... sorry .

Rubbish...... sorry .

Yes, who are these gangs of old but well off hooligans hooning around the countryside in large gangs on expensive motorcycles, doing hundreds of miles of a Sunday afternoon, and so intent on their anti-social activities that they resent pausing, even for a petrol stop for one of their less well equipped brethren! A load of :blagblah

Yes, who are these gangs of old but well off hooligans hooning around the countryside in large gangs on expensive motorcycles, doing hundreds of miles of a Sunday afternoon, and so intent on their anti-social activities that they resent pausing, even for a petrol stop for one of their less well equipped brethren! A load of :blagblah

Haha whatever..... no matter to me :D

Reason being, if you're out hooning with your mates on a days rideout... that 240 mile range disappears fast.

So non of your mates smoke, or need a pee or get a bit cramped up before you do at least 240miles a chuck before stops?

Not stopping for 240 miles is the cause of the PITA

So non of your mates smoke, or need a pee or get a bit cramped up before you do at least 240miles a chuck before stops?

Not stopping for 240 miles is the cause of the PITA

No, thats not what I'm saying.

I'm saying that 240 miles fuel range.... isn't when you're riding hard. It can drop to half that.

I'm not saying that my mates resent stopping, because they don't. But is a nuisance for me to have to be checking my fuel range all the time after a couple of hours, and stopping more often than needed... sometime detouring for a petrol station. That's a PITA

I'm not saying that we don't stop regularly, because we do... but sometimes with a lower fuel range you tend to stop at Petrol Stations for fuel, rather than somewhere out of the way and nicer.... because fuel isn't such a problem or a concern. Its better with a bigger fuel tank and can just fuck off the beaten track for longer. Not every rideout is planned for fuel stops, so occasionally, you get caught out and that is a PITA hunting for a petrol station.

We've had situations in Wales on Sunday rideouts where every frickin petrol station in every small village for miles is closed. That's a PITA

I've had several occasions where I've limped the last 20 miles home on a single bar flashing, hunting a petrol station down on the way. It's a PITA when I would just ride home on the GSA with no issues. That is a PITA

So does that answer the fuckin questions. I can't be the only one where its a nuisance filling up all the time?

On the GSA, I rarely have to think about a fuel stop. Just ride for as long as you like and go home.

Much better.

Do I think the Africa Twin is a good bike, yes. Is the BMW R1200GSA better for road touring, yes.

Africa Twin with a bigger fuel tank is better, yes.

I'm saying that 240 miles fuel range.... isn't when you're riding hard. It can drop to half that.

I'm not saying that my mates resent stopping, because they don't. But is a nuisance for me to have to be checking my fuel range all the time after a couple of hours, and stopping more often than needed... sometime detouring for a petrol station. That's a PITA

I'm not saying that we don't stop regularly, because we do... but sometimes with a lower fuel range you tend to stop at Petrol Stations for fuel, rather than somewhere out of the way and nicer.... because fuel isn't such a problem or a concern. Its better with a bigger fuel tank and can just fuck off the beaten track for longer. Not every rideout is planned for fuel stops, so occasionally, you get caught out and that is a PITA hunting for a petrol station.

We've had situations in Wales on Sunday rideouts where every frickin petrol station in every small village for miles is closed. That's a PITA

I've had several occasions where I've limped the last 20 miles home on a single bar flashing, hunting a petrol station down on the way. It's a PITA when I would just ride home on the GSA with no issues. That is a PITA

So does that answer the fuckin questions. I can't be the only one where its a nuisance filling up all the time?

Less of the fuckin sweet pea!

Rode GS’s and GSA’s for the last 10 years great bikes either one but I call bollocks, the tank range means fuck all UK or Europe, GS214 miles GSA340ish trust me we ain’t doing the long way down or long way round, always fuel within riding distance.

Me long gone are the days my bladder or back lasts longer than the tank range, limped home, fuck that’s the nature of the game pushed every bike I ever had, coasted down hill on fume’s on more than one occasion but never far enough away from a fill up to be in the shit! Each to there own?

Oh and tell me, how many times on the mighty GSA you have had to Hunt down fuel more than once in a day?

Riding hard FFS,

The 30 Litre tank capacity for me was one of the big draws of the GSA, I know most of the people I ride with have less range and often I fill up when they do. But my normal riding is work, RoSPA & SERV Wessex where it is a PITA to find I need fuel en route, much more convenient to fuel on my way home.

Range is obviously a function of fuel volume/distance but also comfort, I often stop at Fleet on the M3 to get off stretch, pee, make a few calls but never buy fuel as it’s the most expensive in the Western Hemisphere!

Most want to stop for a fag every hour - so 240 mile is plenty

If your GSA only has a range of 240 miles, then halves if you’re “riding hard” :)rolleyes:), I’d say there’s something seriously wrong with your bike. :eek: :blast

If your GSA only has a range of 240 miles, then halves if you’re “riding hard” :)rolleyes:), I’d say there’s something seriously wrong with your bike. :eek: :blast

OMG it's like arguing with really stupid people.

I'm not talking about my GSA.

Less of the fuckin sweet pea!

Rode GS’s and GSA’s for the last 10 years great bikes either one but I call bollocks, the tank range means fuck all UK or Europe, GS214 miles GSA340ish trust me we ain’t doing the long way down or long way round, always fuel within riding distance.

Me long gone are the days my bladder or back lasts longer than the tank range, limped home, fuck that’s the nature of the game pushed every bike I ever had, coasted down hill on fume’s on more than one occasion but never far enough away from a fill up to be in the shit! Each to there own?

Oh and tell me, how many times on the mighty GSA you have had to Hunt down fuel more than once in a day?

Riding hard FFS,

Are you fucking stupid or what?

I'm not saying fuel isn't available. I'm saying it's an inconvenience to go out of your way to get to it.... especially when riding in a group with bikes that don't need a fuel stop.

Riding on fumes is no fun, stresses out the riders and is unnecessary if you've got a big fuel tank so that is always going to be a preference.

It's not outer mongolia, it's like being in outer mongol on here.... !!!

I know I can be a tedious UKGSer insert (tosser)at times but!

I'm not saying fuel isn't available. I'm saying it's an inconvenience to go out of your way to get to it.... especially when riding in a group with bikes that don't need a fuel stop.

Riding on fumes is no fun, stresses out the riders and is unnecessary if you've got a big fuel tank so that is always going to be a preference.

Because bikes with big fuel tanks never get near empty so its never going to be an inconvenience unless I’m still riding in outer Mongolia fuckety fuck fuck fuck

Now what was I on about again!!!!

Anyway the 1250 GS or GSA are cracking bikes, enjoy if you do get one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In all my years riding, I never once thought to myself “oh ffs we need to do a fuel stop because my mate needs fuel”. If I am thinking that, I know who is the twat.

Anyway the 1250 GS or GSA are cracking bikes, enjoy if you do get one.

Hmmmm, well I have already got one... a GSA except my engine is designed differently and it says R1200 on it.

Other than that, the form factor is pretty much identical.

I'd rather buy an additional completely different bike than upgrade to a newer version of the exact same bike for the same costs.

In all my years riding, I never once thought to myself “oh ffs we need to do a fuel stop because my mate needs fuel”. If I am thinking that, I know who is the twat.

Stop kidding yourself, you aint got any mates.

Back
Top Bottom