Hosting options and google business email

Dusty

Reaction score
Hi

Just looking into some options for renewing my hosting server (currently rdf) for my current website and a new venture. Im on a 'mates' hosting package but the email facilities are not overly secure i.e. i get spam alot the ftp is not overly user friendly. So anyone recommend a decent hosting package to host and get ssl certs for two sites.

Im also exploring using google to host my domain name emails rather than my main server I suppose an alternate option.

Any advice greatly appreciated

Dusty

Hi Dusty,

I’d recommend that you make sure any host you go to supports LetsEncrypt via their panel. You have to have certificates on every site these days and it gets expensive if you have to pay for them.

I have a reseller account with https://experttech.uk/ and can’t fault it. I don’t use their email though and use either gmail or O365 for me and the other users I host for.

Cheers,

Garan.

I've used Dreamhost for more than a decade. Their email service is shite, but it is fairly easy to set up a new domain with them using Google Apps (it is an option they give you).
I recently moved all my junk to AWS (cheaper), but for a fairly standard site, I think DH is still good.

Might still have some discount bonuses (they come out of the referral system) somewhere if you want.

I've used Dreamhost for more than a decade. Their email service is shite, but it is fairly easy to set up a new domain with them using Google Apps (it is an option they give you).
I recently moved all my junk to AWS (cheaper), but for a fairly standard site, I think DH is still good.

Might still have some discount bonuses (they come out of the referral system) somewhere if you want.

+1 Dreamhost or namecheap both decent and well priced, and I have used both and been happy.

Cheers chaps

Looking at a complete package with LCN seem to do a decent package all ... Need a quick turnaround and plus I can add my main website to the package... Its well out of date....

Thanks for the advice

I use google apps to host email for my domain name. It used to be free for small number of users, not sure if it is now. Easy enough to setup , and email service is excellent.

Back
Top Bottom