Mileage not correct after transfer

ratboy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Apologies in advance if this has been been asked recently.

I'm trying to download a gpx file from BaseCamp but every time I do it and however I do it when I open the route on the Nav5 all the mileages have changed and have become much larger. Any ideas.

KB

check that all your settings and preferences are the same in basecamp as they are on the nav, for instance if you dont have avoid motorways in base camp but do on the nav it may be longer iyswim.

Tried that now thanks, didn't work, mileage still goes up a lot when the route has been transferred but thanks for your help

KB

Look forward to the answer to post #4

If your PC and device are both displaying miles, let’s start to see where the problem lies.

Five easy questions first.

i. Did you create the route yourself in BaseCamp from scratch, or is it a third party route that you have simply used BaseCamp as a medium to get the route onto your Garmin device?

ii. Does the lengthening of a route happen with every route you import or just this one?

iii. When you look at the route on your PC’s screen and as displayed on your Garmin device, do they look the same? Are they the same shape, following the same roads? If they do not, how do they differ? Can you, by looking at the two, work out where the extra mileage is coming from by the shape?

iv. When you display the route on your Garmin device, are you by chance navigating to the start of it, thereby adding in maybe many miles?

v. Does the mileages tally before you import the route into the device’s main screen, ie before any conversion takes place within the device itself in order to run the route?

Back
Top Bottom