The courier look.Army surplus trousers

Arthurmo

Reaction score
I’m going down to the south of France soon and the weather looks great there but getting there is wet all the way. So I want to wear summer kit but needed some lightweight waterproofs that pack away and have opted for the new British army waterproof trousers after spotting the couriers in London wearing them .

The beauty of these is A.they’re Goretex B.they have zips on the side of each leg all the way up so you don’t get that problem of wet boots on the inside and C. They’re cheap @ £20. Perhaps the minor downside is that wearing MTP breaks the be seen mantra but seeing as you’ll be in a world of spray that probably won’t matter.

Anybody else wear these or am I on my own in the Tosser para military wing?

Mine leak. Both legs. JJH
Oh dear not what I wanted to hear.Mine have been ok so far but I forgot the contract often goes to the lowest bidder. You did have them zipped up though?:rolllaugh

Funnily enough, I was looking at a pair yesterday in one of the local surplus stores, as I am after a new pair of waterproof over pants. But they didn’t have any to fit me. I already have a pair of the BMW over trousers, but they are a bit on the long side. I have settled on a pair of the breathable Karimoor over trousers from Sports Direct. They have full length leg zips.

I've got a cracking set of the Aldi waterproof trousers, lower zip & wide legs mean I can get them on at the side of the road with minimal hopping if required.

Totally waterproof so far...

D

wearing waterproofs in warm countries for long periods is a problem if not breathable. You get what you pay no cut price solutions to genuine comfort.

Yeah. I wear hood jeans when commuting with some £15 ebay raf surplus goretex trousers in the pannier. They are superb and have never taken in.

Back
Top Bottom